Motivation from other Trader's blogs and P&Ls.

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

vankancisco wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:49 am
Wouldn't necessarily advocate the Schwarzenegger spiel. It isn't true. Hardly anyone will get to the top (whatever that might mean) through just 'hard work'. In fact the opposite is true. Too much work causes people to to become unhappy and stressed. Obviously people do learn from failures, etc, and having some goals is a good thing. But Schwarzenegger has failed spectacularly in his family life. He's also done plenty of other things that wouldn't come recommended.
True, but if there is one thing I could take from that speech it's the "work your ass off" bit, or at least work harder rather then getting up, booting up and start clicking. :)
Euler

When I give advice to people I also tell them to work hard, but realise that this may not be enough. But to come to terms with that.

I've always worked hard and you tend to create opportunity through that compared to people who don't. OK they may get lucky but there are many more hard workers that make it.
gazuty

Capture.PNG
1 July 2021 - 10 December 2021

#automation #itcanbedone #metronome

Distinctly flattens after Melbourne cup :shock: (Whole Flemtington carnival was weird for me in any case).

PS Posted for inspriational purposes only to show that automated algo trading can be sucessfully implemented.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

gazuty wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:23 am
Capture.PNG

Distinctly flattens after Melbourne cup :shock: (Whole Flemtington carnival was weird for me in any case).

PS Posted for inspriational purposes only to show that automated algo trading can be sucessfully implemented.
Great work.

(Carnival was weird for me as well.)
Anbell

gazuty wrote:
Capture.PNG

what % of races do you bet on?
Kai

tbe

I am trying to learn Aussie racing - very hard. How do we know gazuty is real. Looks like a straight line? How can be consistent.
Realrocknrolla

tbe wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:03 am
I am trying to learn Aussie racing - very hard. How do we know gazuty is real. Looks like a straight line? How can be consistent.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8554

Few of his posts for you to read! 😉
Kai

tbe wrote:
How to tackle something that is very hard? Well, through hard work. Simple enough concept, lol. Since other approaches will probably fail.
goat68

gazuty wrote:
Capture.PNG

Nice work
Aus$ so about £26k over 6months, about £1k a week, awesome
Kai

tbe wrote:
How are you even going to learn if you don't believe it's possible. Makes little sense
Euler

tbe wrote:
That looks like a standard trading type P*L and I know Gazuty is real anyhow. But small amounts soon add up to something bigger and that should be what your objective is.
Derek27

tbe wrote:
I think you'll find it's the same with learning to play golf, tennis, snooker, etc. Everything's hard at the beginning. Sometimes it remains hard if you've picked an unsuitable game, usually you improve and progress.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:16 pm
tbe wrote:
I think you'll find it's the same with learning to play golf, tennis, snooker, etc. Everything's hard at the beginning. Sometimes it remains hard if you've picked an unsuitable game, usually you improve and progress.
It's much harder if you doubt everyone. Plus, asking for P&L screens from traders is like asking them for nude pics, it's pretty personal :D
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:18 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:16 pm
tbe wrote:
It's much harder if you doubt everyone. Plus, asking for P&L screens from traders is like asking them for nude pics, it's pretty personal :D
Nobody would question whether a hole in one, 147 break or 9-dart finish is possible but because trading is generally done behind closed doors there will always be sceptics who'd probably believe the latter 3 are impossible if they hadn't seen it on TV.

Return to “General discussion”