Motivation from other Trader's blogs and P&Ls.

A place to discuss anything.
MemphisFlash

totals since yesterday

2 day total.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

total since wednesday
4 day total.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Here's my total for Saturday.
Betting P&L.JPG
spreadbetting

That greyhound bot's gone a bit tits up, hasn't it?
Bluesky

I love the name Derek De Fiddler :D
Naffman

C'mon Derek R6 from Penn was a beauty, you've got to be doing better than that :lol:
Derek27

I was hoping somebody might fall for it, but yes, £2k on a race at Penn National does give the game away. :)
PeterLe

Well I was just googling "Granite Worktops" of all things on Youtube and after it had played, this autoplayed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWJVvNptHZ4
I ended up listening to it to the end..
It shows what it takes to get to the top I guess, no secret other than hard work; worth a listen in the background if you're having one of those days where you're wondering if you will ever crack trading..
Thought Id post it up..
Regards
Peter
iambic_pentameter

Thanks for sharing this, PeterLe.
vankancisco

Wouldn't necessarily advocate the Schwarzenegger spiel. It isn't true. Hardly anyone will get to the top (whatever that might mean) through just 'hard work'. In fact the opposite is true. Too much work causes people to to become unhappy and stressed. Obviously people do learn from failures, etc, and having some goals is a good thing. But Schwarzenegger has failed spectacularly in his family life. He's also done plenty of other things that wouldn't come recommended.
Derek27

vankancisco wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:49 am
Wouldn't necessarily advocate the Schwarzenegger spiel. It isn't true. Hardly anyone will get to the top (whatever that might mean) through just 'hard work'. In fact the opposite is true. Too much work causes people to to become unhappy and stressed. Obviously people do learn from failures, etc, and having some goals is a good thing. But Schwarzenegger has failed spectacularly in his family life. He's also done plenty of other things that wouldn't come recommended.
True, but if there is one thing I could take from that speech it's the "work your ass off" bit, or at least work harder rather then getting up, booting up and start clicking. :)
Euler

When I give advice to people I also tell them to work hard, but realise that this may not be enough. But to come to terms with that.

I've always worked hard and you tend to create opportunity through that compared to people who don't. OK they may get lucky but there are many more hard workers that make it.
gazuty

Capture.PNG
1 July 2021 - 10 December 2021

#automation #itcanbedone #metronome

Distinctly flattens after Melbourne cup :shock: (Whole Flemtington carnival was weird for me in any case).

PS Posted for inspriational purposes only to show that automated algo trading can be sucessfully implemented.
Anbell

gazuty wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:23 am
Capture.PNG

Distinctly flattens after Melbourne cup :shock: (Whole Flemtington carnival was weird for me in any case).

PS Posted for inspriational purposes only to show that automated algo trading can be sucessfully implemented.
Great work.

(Carnival was weird for me as well.)
Anbell

gazuty wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:23 am
Capture.PNG

what % of races do you bet on?

Return to “General discussion”