Guardian Automation - Greening Suggestion

Help improve Bet Angel.
PeterLe

BA Team,
Its been requested before, but would it be possible to have a rule that alows greening up but using reverse odds? (if a number of ticks above that would be even better)
It would have made a massive difference in this last race for instance
(i can do it via excel, but Guardian seems that split second faster)
Thanks in advance
Regards
Peter
Last edited by PeterLe on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavDvo

Yes, count me +1, close the trade for given runner with greening using reverse odds +- X ticks. There is huge potential behind this and it is actually the reason, why I have to do all my automation in excel using VBA. And it is not as fast as Guardian can be.... Strange it is not yet here...
Dallas

+1 also
Shockwave3009

I don't get it fully, would you be so kind to discribe a scenario where this helps and how? Thanks. :)
DavDvo

OK, one example: If you have matched
Back [email protected]; Lay 100@4 ,
actual odds available are 8.6 / 18 and you are about to green, the bot will fire Lay 2.78@18 and your profit will be 2.78 .
If you can force the bot to green at opposite odds the bet will be [email protected] and profit 5.81 ! Worth trying, no?
PeterLe

another example..
in play, you back a selection for £10 at 50
Seconds later the available lay price is 25 and the available back is 4.9
If you green automatically or by pressing the green button, you will green at the available price ie (10*50)/25 whereas if you green at the reverse price ( plus 1 tick) it would be (10*50)/(4.9+0.1), you won't always get matched of course but a big difference if you do
now imagine if the odds gap was wider (similar to the graph) lets say for a split second, yiu had been matched at 500 and the back was avail at 10, lay now 800..
Carra

Yep agreed this would be useful, +1 here.
PeterLe

Another suggestion for consideration please...

We have a rule "Switch to this market"...
Could we have a rule that "switches to next market" (Condition would be set as when this (the current one) market is "suspended"

Thanks
regards
Peter
Dallas

+1 for me
I did suggest a similar thing a few weeks ago for guardian to ignore any applied rules if X sec's had elasped past post time and it had not turned IR
DavDvo

Would be perfect to have option like Stop monitoring market if it is suspended in play. If I have excel linked to such market it consumes a lot of CPU in vain...
PeterLe

This initial posting in the suggestion thread was intended to be related to guardian automation, Ie the ability to green using reverse odds using a rule...
I was thinking though; what about if we had a new tab in the general settings area whereby you could specify "using reverse odds" as the default behaviour by way of a simple tick box and that would be used in both the one click screen as well as the ladder?
If we could also specify, reverse odds minus/plus one tick , even better
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Crazyskier

PeterLe wrote:This initial posting in the suggestion thread was intended to be related to guardian automation, Ie the ability to green using reverse odds using a rule...
I was thinking though; what about if we had a new tab in the general settings area whereby you could specify "using reverse odds" as the default behaviour by way of a simple tick box and that would be used in both the one click screen as well as the ladder?
If we could also specify, reverse odds minus/plus one tick , even better
Thanks
Regards
Peter
I can confirm that other (mostly inferior to BA) products I've tested have an option to green up using:

A) Best odds (essentially reverse odds)
B) Available odds

Of course the risk of not being matched is there, but if used wisely, with enough time before event suspension, the gains of those that do get matched, can indeed outweigh the cost of unmatched bets.

I'm a little surprised that BA haven't implemented this yet as in almost all other areas of functionality they're ahead of the competition in my view.
DavDvo

Me too, as I don't see any major problem with implementing such a simple feature. Greening function will stay more less intact just input odds will be different... Bad luck I did not find it in new beta 1.43.0
InTrodusT

Thank you
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote:BA Team,
Its been requested before, but would it be possible to have a rule that alows greening up but using reverse odds? ....
BA Team,
I just wanted to bump this thread for consideration please in the next beta
I really think it would make a great product even better and I wouldnt think that it would be that difficult to achieve either
regards
Peter

Return to “Suggestions”