BAMI - Bet Angel Market Import

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you like to see BAMI incorporated into BA??

Yes, yes, yes. I've always wanted this included in BA
84%
No, I trade manually and can't see any benefit for me
11%
Not sure - but that's just me -always on the fence!!
5%

Total votes: 61
jimibt

I know this topic has been covered in the past but I'd like to propose an alternative approach to the use of static market data that may actually yield BA extra revenue to boot.

I'm aware that BA can't include functionality to save the betfair market data for use within the application, due to licencing issues. However, I'm also aware that Fracsoft provide historical data on an adhoc/per request basis. With this in mind, I think it would be a great marketing strategy to agree a BAMI (Bet Angel Market Import) file standard with Fracsoft which would allow BA users to purchase historical market data from a 3rd party provider. The user would then simply purchase the file via the BA UI and it would be imported into their *test markets* Guardian tab.

In terms of revenue share, that would be entirely up for grabs between you guys (tho i reality, perhaps the fact that this would allow BA to import market data would be enough of an incentive, rather than any revenue sharing model ,as it would potentially drive new customers to BA for this feature alone).

The benefits for the end user are obvious, but for clarity are listed below:

1. Ability to review the market activity after the event in order to gain insight to the mechanics of that market
2. Ability to replay a given market in order to fine tune automation rules, especially in the fast moving IR horse markets
3. Allows the end user to test manual scalping routines outside market trading hours. A valuable time as during market hours many are either working or actively involved in the markets

The additional benefits for BA developers would be that they could decouple the internals to allow them to test new functionality without the need for the live market to be in progress (tho potentially this is already the case ;)).

I for one would have no issue in paying a fair price for either a single BAMI file or a *set* for a given meeting etc, etc.

As a final word on this topic, BA could incorporate a static xml/json file per market type (out of the box) to allow end users to do all of the above mentioned, in order to test strategies etc, thus creating a taster of what the BAMI file import could do for real.

I think this is an exciting and lucerative way for BA to walk round the licencing issues and at the same time open up the potential for deep strategy testing for existing and new users (I can imagine a pretty funky marketing campaign on youtube showing the comparisons between BA and its lesser endowed relations :D).

Hope this captures the collective imaginations out there - you know it makes sense!!.
GunDog

Vote: YES
jimibt

GunDog wrote:Vote: YES
btw -doubles up as a brexit poll too - lol (or NOT :roll: )
Handsome1

This we really need, but can not vote YES!
jimibt

Handsome1 wrote:This we really need, but can not vote YES!
yes, i've noticed on various polls that i've tried to vote on that it doesn't work. but if we can keep this topic in view with constant updates, then maybe it will stand a chance of seeing the light of day. this is THE #1 feature that many are wishing for. make it happen guys :ugeek:
Playbyte

Keeping this topic alive, I just tried to vote yes but it says the form is invalid.
Handsome1

It would be nice to get some answers from BetAngel team is this possible to coming near future?

Bg,
Handsome1
jimibt

Handsome1 wrote:It would be nice to get some answers from BetAngel team is this possible to coming near future?

Bg,
Handsome1
Bg - I'm certain that the BA team are well aware of the demand for this highly competitive and lucrative feature. it's my guess that they will keep any details about the development of this to the last minute, as it would spark an *arms race* within the other competing camps (if it were even rumoured that such a feature was imminent).

i say, *watch this space* and keep our collective fingers xx'd ;)
halfagallon

Yes please :)
jimibt

me - being boring and bl%%dy annoying -but please, please can we think about this...

ok, as you were, composed, humourous and unflappable (lol, if only - fingers, toes and tongue xx'd)!
Hobsom

I think this idea would be really useful, and I've asked for something similar before.

If BA grabbed data from a few races (only looking at horse racing at this stage) then 'anonymised' it (replacing horse names with numbers and removing meeting info) then the software could have a 'virtual trial run' button perhaps.

This could remove the licensing problem as the data would just be a mass of ambiguous odds data only. Even if this were a limited data set spread over a few days of racing it would still be hugely useful in working out the wrinkles in systems and logic, and would allow fine tuning improvements that might otherwise take weeks.

If this were a paid for add-on I'd definitely buy it.
jimibt

Hobsom wrote:I think this idea would be really useful, and I've asked for something similar before.

If BA grabbed data from a few races (only looking at horse racing at this stage) then 'anonymised' it (replacing horse names with numbers and removing meeting info) then the software could have a 'virtual trial run' button perhaps.

This could remove the licensing problem as the data would just be a mass of ambiguous odds data only. Even if this were a limited data set spread over a few days of racing it would still be hugely useful in working out the wrinkles in systems and logic, and would allow fine tuning improvements that might otherwise take weeks.

If this were a paid for add-on I'd definitely buy it.
I agree, i would pay per meeting/per daily card to use this additional functionality on a very regular basis. to me it completes the circle between intention and realisation. without a back-testing platform, it's all too easy to make educated assumptions that play kindly 75% of the time and then BOOOM!! this therefore makes BA a less then complete product at present. however, with this in place, i can't see anything touching BA as a total solution.
Bluesky

I tried to vote yet too, and got the invalid notice. Lets hope the powers that be have taken a look and are working on it.
ruthlessimon

For those traders who demand a more rigorous and technical approach, a backtesting feature such as this would be invaluable. BetAngel being a product aimed at more 'astute' traders, should already have a feature such as this incorporated.
Yorkshire Pud

+1 for this please. This would be invaluable for coming up with new strategies / fine tuning. When testing a strategy you can wait for a scenario to happen in practice mode, but if things don't go to plan or need tweeking slightly, then you have to wait for it to happen again but, it will never be exactly the same. With this option it would allow you to fine tune the strategy to that particular race before moving on and testing against similar scenarios in other historic races.

Return to “Suggestions”