Liability Buttons

Help improve Bet Angel.
vladilyich

There is a good post by Dallas about using liability to place lay bets in one of the other forums but couldn't BetAngel simply allow the value buttons in the ladder view which are set to back and lay amounts to also become liability values as well by giving users the option to choose either back or liability? I trade football in play mostly and I don't always use the same liability for lay bet would like the option to simply click the value box that is the liability stake, as is the case with the current layout.
I know lots of other software does this so I imagine it would be easy enough for BetAngel to follow suit.

Thanks.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We've been asked for this a few times, so would like feedback from everyone with regard to how our customers want to use it.

Do you want Bet Angel to go into a 'liability staking' mode on a global basis, so that all lay bets placed are staked to the specified liability, until the mode is switched back. So that it would apply to Standard and Preset boxes on the Ladder screen and all lay bets on the one-click & manual betting screen?

Or is there a desire to have some presets in liability mode while others remain as a fixed stake? If that's the case then the mode would need to be set on an individual basis (each stake box in turn). There isn't much spare space on the screen, so that would probably need to be selected via a right-click menu.

If we can get a consensus of opinion, we can investigate the implementation. We'd also have to consider its effect on offsetting / greening / offset batches etc.
vladilyich

Thanks for the reply.
My own preference is to have the liability buttons on everything once switched and switch back if you want the normal stake preferences,just how it is at the moment except liability instead of stake.
This is the way I,personally,like having it on other software and it would be helpful if Bet Angel could do the same.
Look forward to input from others.
to75ne

can you just keep things the same. betangel is starting to get a bit out of hand with box's to tick/untick. settings for this, that and the other.

by all means improve the underlying code etc, and add new things that are truely of use not just because thats the fashion of the moment ie, the pointless match stick charts.

seems to me things are being added for the sake of it.

you have always been ahead of other venders software, dont start copying your competition for the sake it, your end being second best.
vladilyich

With respect,a change in the buttons would not affect you at if you chose not to use them. Almost all the other trading softwares have this option and I feel its only a small addition which will be optional to all.
fr33m4n

Hello there,
Greetings from Brazil (Again!)LOL

Could i humbly ask if it's possible to implement other stake options like "Backing with Fixed Liability" or "Fixed Stake Exposure"?

I'm trying to migrate from other software to Bet Angel for trading in soccer markets, but for this to work i must have the option to fast switch the type of the stakes that i'm using.

In Under/Over Gols markets i only use Exposure and sometimes Liability depending the price. Sometimes i need to Back prices with fixed Liability in higher odds too.

I'm now using Bet Angel only for horses with all the tools that are available, but i will definitely stop using the other software if the option to change the type of the stakes could be implemented in the future.

Dallas replied me in another thread with some similar option, but i must have the option to change it faster in the stake options. :roll:

I don't know if you guys in UK work that way in soccer markets, but here in Brazil and Portugal, 99% of soccer traders work this way! :)

Thanks for the excellent support in this forum helping us using this software!
Jukebox

I like to lay to a book% as an event unfolds - it is a nuisance that I can't select this if required - but it is available as an automation option. I find I have to keep the dutching page open with lay prices for all selections ticked just to give me a quick calculation for the lay bet and then have to type into the staking area on the ladder - but can't find any way to make this the automatically chosen stake size - which in turn means I can't instantly jump onto a price opportunity. The bookmaking option can only cope with calculating everything together - not individual options as they occur.
vladilyich

fr33m4n wrote:Hello there,
Greetings from Brazil (Again!)LOL

Could i humbly ask if it's possible to implement other stake options like "Backing with Fixed Liability" or "Fixed Stake Exposure"?

I'm trying to migrate from other software to Bet Angel for trading in soccer markets, but for this to work i must have the option to fast switch the type of the stakes that i'm using.

In Under/Over Gols markets i only use Exposure and sometimes Liability depending the price. Sometimes i need to Back prices with fixed Liability in higher odds too.

I'm now using Bet Angel only for horses with all the tools that are available, but i will definitely stop using the other software if the option to change the type of the stakes could be implemented in the future.

Dallas replied me in another thread with some similar option, but i must have the option to change it faster in the stake options. :roll:

I don't know if you guys in UK work that way in soccer markets, but here in Brazil and Portugal, 99% of soccer traders work this way! :)

Thanks for the excellent support in this forum helping us using this software!
I think this is what I have asked for to be honest. In the same way you can set your default backing stake eg.£10,£20,£50,£100 and so on then just change the options to liability instead.
thebrehbreh

Hi, I would also love this feature to be added. I play the horseracing market in-running and have a goal to make a certain amount per race which isn't possible from the back side.

For example the bet is for €50 on the back side, I click my pick, and then BA works out the stake in order to win €50

A simple dropdown box would suffice, maybe an option to select the lowest price you'd like to be matched at (although maximum liabilty more or less takes care of this).

Would love to hear your thoughts
fr33m4n

Any news about the request? :roll:
Max W

Dare I even ask that take XSP be included as an option in Automation from BetAngel for Betdaq, like for Betfair?
Regards, Max.
andrejt

+1 from me!
Joao

Most needed feature :)

Just a simple option would do to start: Lay as stake / Lay as liability
thebrehbreh

Any news on this? Would it be difficult to implement a staking rule that allows the 'back' staking to be akin to laying, ie a lay now, you put in the figure you want to win (backers stake) and BA places it, also giving you your liability. I want this option on the 'back side' in that my amount / target that I enter is how much I want to win and BA places the correct stake at the given price to win the amount that I have entered?

Return to “Suggestions”