Matching Part of Bet on Both Sides

Help improve Bet Angel.
vladilyich

I've used Bettrader for scalping as I find it very easy to use and one of the main reasons is that it matches by percentage of bet on both sides. Say I am scalping £50 to 1 tick on a selection and 1% is matched on the back side the order is immediately submitted on the lay side of the bet rather than having to wait for the full £50 to be matched on the back side before the lay side order is submitted. Is this possible for BetAngel?
Dallas

Yes it is you would just set the number of 'Batches' to 50
Dallas

Further details on Batches in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817
vladilyich

So with that £50 example I used I could divide it up into 50 batches,or 25 or 10,etc?
Dallas

Thats right useing a £50 stake with 50 Batches means it will offset £1 for £1 as its matched, set it to 10 Batches then as each £5 is matched that will be offset.
vladilyich

Thanks a lot.
I had no idea about this feature at all and will be using it in future.
convoysur-2

I HAVE ALSO USED THAT OTHER SOFTWARE, AND ITS BRILLIANT THE WAY IT LETS YOU GREEN UP ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BOOK,,
I REALLY WISH BETANGEL WOULD LOOK AT THIS FEATURE ,ITS REALLY NEAT.
MARC
ShaunWhite

convoysur-2 wrote:I HAVE ALSO USED THAT OTHER SOFTWARE, AND ITS BRILLIANT THE WAY IT LETS YOU GREEN UP ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BOOK,,
I REALLY WISH BETANGEL WOULD LOOK AT THIS FEATURE ,ITS REALLY NEAT.
MARC
BA has all the manual and automatic greening options I've ever needed...and a few more besides.

Take a read through the user guide convoysur-2. It probably already does what you need.
Crazyskier

I believe he is referring to greening up at reverse prices with one click.
Dallas

Crazyskier wrote:I believe he is referring to greening up at reverse prices with one click.
This is already possible using the keyboard shortcut editor, its also one of several tasks i have mapped to a button on my mouse
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12404
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:I believe he is referring to greening up at reverse prices with one click.
This is already possible using the keyboard shortcut editor, its also one of several tasks i have mapped to a button on my mouse
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12404
Yes, I saw that thread before Dallas, but at the reverse price with a single click? This wasn't possible with BA when I last looked. Confused now...
Dallas

It depends when you last looked, the keyboard shortcuts where added in V1.43 earlier this year and 'close trade with greening at reverse price' has been one of the options since then.
to75ne

what i dont get not just from this thread but other threads in the last few months, are these and similar statements such as "the other software blah blah " or "in the software that i also use blah blah" etc, and some request/desire for some feature or method or chart, that is not available in betangle.

why not just go back to the other software, why the desire to inflict betangle with all this pointless stuff?

if these features/methods etc are so wonderful use the other software.
SeaHorseRacing

to75ne wrote:what i dont get not just from this thread but other threads in the last few months, are these and similar statements such as "the other software blah blah " or "in the software that i also use blah blah" etc, and some request/desire for some feature or method or chart, that is not available in betangle.

why not just go back to the other software, why the desire to inflict betangle with all this pointless stuff?

I kind of have to agree with you. I was adamant that I needed to use those candlestick/matchsticks next to the ladder you see on other software alot. They are simply no use, if you want to know if a market is going up or down you have to look at the selection indetail not a tick showing where it is going. I remember Peter saying that he feels it didnt add anyhing. I have to agree. I see alot of people also trading without special graphs that betangel has and my opinion is for some markets they are gold dust. You can trade without them but you can be better with them.

Additionally, I have no idea who the authors are of the other softwares but what ever they have, they dont have Mr Webb. He is the Ronaldo of this industry that is a fact. Search youtube and the internet can you see other software providers doing a smilar thing?
I am all for improvement with Betangel and if it is new technology thats great but the way I look at it Mr Webbs is on it and has been for 16/17 years? I highly doubt, in fact I guarentee your not missing anything that is needed.
Dallas

to75ne wrote:what i dont get not just from this thread but other threads in the last few months, are these and similar statements such as "the other software blah blah " or "in the software that i also use blah blah" etc, and some request/desire for some feature or method or chart, that is not available in betangle.

I agree about not just adding every requested feature just for the sake of it but it does nt make sense just to lose customers to other software rather than just add features if most users want them.

Matchsticks where a prime example of this, not my cup of tea and i know of several others including Peter who did nt see there use but Bet Angel is a commercial product and needs to meet customer demand if it is to stay in business.

I think development have the balance just right with how much and how often the software is upgraded and what does get added certainly make the product better overall even if each feature is not to everyones taste.

If something is added that you dont want to use then your not forced to use it and by default any new features need to be enabled, also users do not even have to upgrade to the latest version if there happy with the features already avaliable they can just continue using that version.

So no reason why everyone cant be happy :)

Return to “Suggestions”