Matching Part of Bet on Both Sides

Help improve Bet Angel.
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:I believe he is referring to greening up at reverse prices with one click.
This is already possible using the keyboard shortcut editor, its also one of several tasks i have mapped to a button on my mouse
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12404
Yes, I saw that thread before Dallas, but at the reverse price with a single click? This wasn't possible with BA when I last looked. Confused now...
Dallas

It depends when you last looked, the keyboard shortcuts where added in V1.43 earlier this year and 'close trade with greening at reverse price' has been one of the options since then.
to75ne

what i dont get not just from this thread but other threads in the last few months, are these and similar statements such as "the other software blah blah " or "in the software that i also use blah blah" etc, and some request/desire for some feature or method or chart, that is not available in betangle.

why not just go back to the other software, why the desire to inflict betangle with all this pointless stuff?

if these features/methods etc are so wonderful use the other software.
SeaHorseRacing

to75ne wrote:what i dont get not just from this thread but other threads in the last few months, are these and similar statements such as "the other software blah blah " or "in the software that i also use blah blah" etc, and some request/desire for some feature or method or chart, that is not available in betangle.

why not just go back to the other software, why the desire to inflict betangle with all this pointless stuff?

I kind of have to agree with you. I was adamant that I needed to use those candlestick/matchsticks next to the ladder you see on other software alot. They are simply no use, if you want to know if a market is going up or down you have to look at the selection indetail not a tick showing where it is going. I remember Peter saying that he feels it didnt add anyhing. I have to agree. I see alot of people also trading without special graphs that betangel has and my opinion is for some markets they are gold dust. You can trade without them but you can be better with them.

Additionally, I have no idea who the authors are of the other softwares but what ever they have, they dont have Mr Webb. He is the Ronaldo of this industry that is a fact. Search youtube and the internet can you see other software providers doing a smilar thing?
I am all for improvement with Betangel and if it is new technology thats great but the way I look at it Mr Webbs is on it and has been for 16/17 years? I highly doubt, in fact I guarentee your not missing anything that is needed.
Dallas

to75ne wrote:what i dont get not just from this thread but other threads in the last few months, are these and similar statements such as "the other software blah blah " or "in the software that i also use blah blah" etc, and some request/desire for some feature or method or chart, that is not available in betangle.

I agree about not just adding every requested feature just for the sake of it but it does nt make sense just to lose customers to other software rather than just add features if most users want them.

Matchsticks where a prime example of this, not my cup of tea and i know of several others including Peter who did nt see there use but Bet Angel is a commercial product and needs to meet customer demand if it is to stay in business.

I think development have the balance just right with how much and how often the software is upgraded and what does get added certainly make the product better overall even if each feature is not to everyones taste.

If something is added that you dont want to use then your not forced to use it and by default any new features need to be enabled, also users do not even have to upgrade to the latest version if there happy with the features already avaliable they can just continue using that version.

So no reason why everyone cant be happy :)
SeaHorseRacing

Dallas, It doesnt suprise me your a successful trader. So open minded and on point.
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:
So no reason why everyone cant be happy :)
You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time ;)
vladilyich

I often do as I find BetAngel a bit overcomplicated at times and more designed for automation rather than manual trading.
I haven't yet found a software that I feel is ideal for both my main markets,football and horse racing and until I feel comfortable I will continue to try use other software if it suits my needs. I know other traders who do exactly this too.
If a software,BetAngel for example, is willing to incorporate the good ideas of other software, as not one software covers everything for mine or others liking,then it might be able to attract customers who drift around those other softwares permanently. This makes sense from both a business side and a customer side of the fence.
I'm sure even the designers of BetAngel would admit that its never going to get close to being the finished article if it already thinks it is.
Samo154

Dallas wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:I believe he is referring to greening up at reverse prices with one click.
This is already possible using the keyboard shortcut editor, its also one of several tasks i have mapped to a button on my mouse
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12404
Can this be automated atall?
Dallas

Samo154 wrote:Can this be automated atall?
It can be automated using excel but not in guardian automation, its been put forward as a suggestion if you want to add your support
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11107
LeTiss

Peter has been brilliant in adding features where possible

When I first joined BA there was no volume column on Guardian. We asked if it possible to include, it was and they did. I'll be eternally grateful because it's a brilliant feature, and I'd be surprised if virtually everybody doesn't use it

Return to “Suggestions”