Automation - Increment counter

Help improve Bet Angel.
Frogmella

The signal increment counter only goes up to 100 at present. If it were made to go up say 1000 it could be used as a seconds timer for automation rulesets. That would make me a happy bunny.
Dallas

It already goes past 100
Frogmella

When I tried to set a rule to check the signal value counter, when it would get to be higher than one hundred in running the other day, it wouldn't let me. I wanted to use it as a timer but had to use a 4 second interval to get past the apparent 100 max limitation. I got it working OK, you can usually find a way round ( your (Dallas) examples have been a great help with realising that).

Perhaps a better idea would be to have a dedicated "Timer" rule thats increments a signal counter once per second from the "In-play" trigger. You could have a connected race distance/time counter where the user could set a "time per furlong" in seconds, say 15 seconds, or whatever you want, and then a user could get rules to trigger around 3 furlongs from the post or whatever he likes, the distance covered won't be precise of course, but could be useful nontheless. Say you've layed and want to test the in-running odds on your selection towards the end, in case you've accidentally layed the eventual winner (See my thread, "Finding a Loser" in "Horse Racing" I'm very good at it.) and want to bale out before you lose your shirt.

You can do it manually using the in-running times in general settings but then you have to have a ruleset for every possible race distance (which I have, and it works well, but there are a lot of them).

Again, just a suggestion for a rainy day.

Return to “Suggestions”