A Virtual Balance?

Help improve Bet Angel.
vladilyich

Being able to have a virtual balance in practice mode would be a good idea so as to judge if strategies you are trialling are potentially profitable or loss making.
Stubbo

+1 for this. Would be a great addition.
leepc7

What a great idea.... On entry into practice mode you could have the option to edit the amount of virtual money to start the days trading.
magwitch78

I cannot believe this hasnt been added to any of the updates. Everyone is always asking how to log pnl in practice mode. Surely wouldnt be that difficult to implement?
Dallas

magwitch78 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 pm
I cannot believe this hasnt been added to any of the updates. Everyone is always asking how to log pnl in practice mode. Surely wouldnt be that difficult to implement?
Its always been possible to log your P/L in practice mode
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11349
Euler

magwitch78 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 pm
I cannot believe this hasnt been added to any of the updates. Everyone is always asking how to log pnl in practice mode. Surely wouldn't be that difficult to implement?
Because you are not interacting with a settlement engine Bet Angel can't possibly know the result and therefore calculate retrospectively the winner and winnings. That's why it has been implemented the way it is. You can always use minimum stakes which is a more reliable measure of a system's progress.
ShaunWhite

In defence of BA, It's also worth remembering that practice mode is presumably there to allow users to practice using the software. It's I bit much when people also expect it to give you a fully logged training mode and a strategy testing mode too.
magwitch78

Euler wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Because you are not interacting with a settlement engine Bet Angel can't possibly know the result and therefore calculate retrospectively the winner and winnings. That's why it has been implemented the way it is. You can always use minimum stakes which is a more reliable measure of a system's progress.
agree with this. though difficult to test different stategies alongside normal trading unless you have multiple accounts.
Euler

We are always constantly reviewing things and note all requests, even if we don't comment on them. So improvements always considered and welcome.
Dm87

would love to see a fictional bank of money to play with in practice mode.
especially for automation if I try something new and leave it for the day would be nice to have a bank to look at come the end of the day to see all those lovely profits lol
BetScalper

I don't think practice mode will be around for too much longer. BF seem to be gubbing accounts left, right and centre.

Your better of using minimum stakes to test things out as then your money is actually in the market, however small.
MemphisFlash

why do people want a practice mode balance. that turns it into a game which it is not!!!
SeaHorseRacing

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:38 pm
why do people want a practice mode balance. that turns it into a game which it is not!!!
Everybody is different but from my personal experience i struggled with managing my account balance and a virtual balance would have helped me massively.

Some struggle with the markets whereas my struggles were purely mental on money management.

Those from gambling background a virtual balance would definetely help
BetScalper

BetFair / PaddyPower don't like practice/virtual mode. That's why they been warning/closing accounts down.

All it does is usually give you a false sense of hope.

If your not using real money then you are not even in the market. So, your strategy/decision making is false, again.

Say you win allot or lose allot in practice mode, what is it actually telling you ?, nothing
Naffman

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:38 pm
Don't think you can really say that :lol:

Return to “Suggestions”