Race Type Condition

Help improve Bet Angel.
scribbles

Quick Suggestion.

In a similar way to race length condition.

How about a simple market condition we can set (Equals / Does not Equal) for;

hcap
nov
mdn
etc

chs
hrd
etc

and maybe a custom txt field as well as an alternative, so we can use for different races, or even different (non racing) markets.

Thanks
welshboy06

I've not tried it myself but you could do this in excel easily. Just check if the race info contains one of the above words.
scribbles

Thanks for the response

Yes I could do it, and would consider doing so if I needed this in isolation, but if you have advanced bots running, it means porting all of the additional settings to excel too..
dm1900

I would 100% be in favour of this! A 2m4f hcap is so different to 2m4f turf
ricardodeano

I don't suppose this is on the "to do" list is it?
sionascaig

+1

This would be a really handy condition.

At present you have to apply rules to appropriate race types which is a manual process. Would be really handy if it could be captured in conditions.
jimibt

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:21 pm
+1

At present you have to apply rules to appropriate race types which is a manual process. Would be really handy if it could be captured in conditions.
+2

as suggested in the OP, this condition could simply be a freeform text field that targets the event description using a contains or not contains matching, so, you'd have the ability to discrern a 2m2f hcap chs from a 2m2f nov chs (i.e. NOT CONTAINS 'nov chs') or for very explicit -> (CONTAINS 'hcap chs') etc...

this would mean that the generics were still maintained as the same freeform text field could be used on Tennis, Cricket, Football etc as it's not tied to Horse Racing event descriptions directly.
sionascaig

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:21 pm
+1

+2

as suggested in the OP, this condition could simply be a freeform text field that targets the event description using a contains or not contains matching, so, you'd have the ability to discrern a 2m2f hcap chs from a 2m2f nov chs (i.e. NOT CONTAINS 'nov chs') or for very explicit -> (CONTAINS 'hcap chs') etc...
I appreciate that BF does not always use consistent names, e.g. "Nov Stks" could be "Nov Stakes" but Jimbits idea works fine for me... Incidences of these inconsistencies are v low...
Atho55

+1 from me
megarain

+1

Would b v useful to sort out maidens etc
jimibt

megarain wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 pm
+1

likewise, on the greyhounds you could target only certain grades, i.e. A5, D2, NOT D8 etc, etc
jimibt

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:50 pm
megarain wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 pm
+1

likewise, on the greyhounds you could target only certain grades, i.e. A5, D2, NOT D8 etc, etc
i think what I'm saying is that by allowing the input to be freeform (but with strict rules), it means that the nuances of different sports can be captured as required, without having to present a ton of dropdown list options.

looking fwd to seeing this in next version -lol
firlandsfarm

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:36 pm
I appreciate that BF does not always use consistent names, e.g. "Nov Stks" could be "Nov Stakes" but Jimbits idea works fine for me... Incidences of these inconsistencies are v low...
Agreed, but … if it had operators such as AND and OR you could build a library of Betfair nuances and have …

Contains: Nov Stks OR Nov Stakes

… or maybe with wildcards just …

Contains: "Nov *"
jimibt

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:51 am
sionascaig wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:36 pm
Agreed, but … if it had operators such as AND and OR you could build a library of Betfair nuances and have …

Contains: Nov Stks OR Nov Stakes

… or maybe with wildcards just …

Contains: "Nov *"
this all looks to be headed in the right direction with enough freeform input to capture complex market mixes but with a simple and recognisable *syntax* that is used already in other parts of the application (market filters/quick picks etc)....
CallumPerry

+1

Always educated to choose markets carefully, heck Peter's mantra, "Every strategy a market and every market a strategy" means this would be a big improvement to an already amazing piece of software.

Return to “Suggestions”