Stop Loss Active Range vs Active Price

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would stop loss >= 'x' or a stop loss <= 'y' be useful for you?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3
Scamp

If I put a back bet on at 3.0 and I want to get stopped out should the price rise, I pick the point at which the stop loss should trigger - maybe 4.0, and place my stop loss there. However occasionally the price will scoot past that stop loss without triggering. Therefore, rather than a stop loss just working at an exact price, I would like to propose, that a stop loss on a ladder with a Net Back position should trigger above or equal to the stop price. Likewise a stop loss on a ladder with a Net Lay position should trigger below or equal to the stop price.

If this change in the way a stop executes were implemented then it would solve the problem of:
a) having stops on fast moving in-play horse markets
b) having stops on illiquid greyhound markets
c) having trailling stops on Guardian markets, that can get skipped because guardian is (at the time the stop should be executed) looking at another market.
d) a significant price movement while the market is suspended (i.e. after a goal, or red card)

There is no software that I know of (even financial software) that will allow a stop if the price is at or above a certain point (or at or below a certain point).
Dallas

Scamp

Thanks for pointing that out, it was/is very useful, and I'll spend some time now trying this out.
Scamp

@Dallas

I am new to BA, so I may be a little slow in understanding this. Imagine the below scenario, would my stop get executed or would I lose my bet as the price hits 1000.1 ?

I have a back bet on @3.0
I set a stop loss @4.6
The ladder drifts out to @4.4
The ladder then gaps to @4.8 without touching any prices since @4.4
The ladder then continues drifting throughout the rest of the race

Would I get stopped out in this example?

Thanks for your help.
Dallas

Scamp wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:23 am
@Dallas

I am new to BA, so I may be a little slow in understanding this. Imagine the below scenario, would my stop get executed or would I lose my bet as the price hits 1000.1 ?

I have a back bet on @3.0
I set a stop loss @4.6
The ladder drifts out to @4.4
The ladder then gaps to @4.8 without touching any prices since @4.4
The ladder then continues drifting throughout the rest of the race

Would I get stopped out in this example?

Thanks for your help.
If your using the stop loss or trailing stop loss from 'global settings' if its set to trigger and place at 4.6 then in your example it would be missed and left as a unmatched bet.
but if it was set to be placed at 2 or more ticks above were it triggers then you would get matched at the best odds (4.8)

Return to “Suggestions”