Back to lay calculation

Help improve Bet Angel.
dldtaylor

Hi Guys

I'm not mathematician, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I'm working on an effective back to lay strategy, and I've noticed that if you place a trade using 'Offset bet with greening' within global settings with an offset of 50%, it appears to place a lay bet which is 50% of the difference between the current odds and 0, rather than the difference between the current odds and 1.01. This came to my attention when I placed a back to lay trade with an offset of 50% with a current price of 1.70, and the lay bet was placed at 1.01 because the 50% offset would have been 0.85 (which is obviously not possible). As a result I would only win my trade if the horse won.

Assuming my thought are correct, I believe the correct 50% offset with current odds of 1.70 should have placed the lay bet at 1.36.

My suggestion therefore would be that the Offset percentage should be adjusted, or another option be included so that you can enter the odds at which you want to place the lay bet after doing the calculation yourself. I've created a simple spreadsheet which does the calculation for me quickly (for 25, 50 and 75%) but it does not calculate the lay stake for the lay bet.

Just a thought!
cybernet69

dldtaylor wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:56 pm
Hi Guys

I'm not mathematician, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I'm working on an effective back to lay strategy, and I've noticed that if you place a trade using 'Offset bet with greening' within global settings with an offset of 50%, it appears to place a lay bet which is 50% of the difference between the current odds and 0, rather than the difference between the current odds and 1.01. This came to my attention when I placed a back to lay trade with an offset of 50% with a current price of 1.70, and the lay bet was placed at 1.01 because the 50% offset would have been 0.85 (which is obviously not possible). As a result I would only win my trade if the horse won.

Assuming my thought are correct, I believe the correct 50% offset with current odds of 1.70 should have placed the lay bet at 1.36.

My suggestion therefore would be that the Offset percentage should be adjusted, or another option be included so that you can enter the odds at which you want to place the lay bet after doing the calculation yourself. I've created a simple spreadsheet which does the calculation for me quickly (for 25, 50 and 75%) but it does not calculate the lay stake for the lay bet.

Just a thought!
Yes, its a rather confusing problem which I cam across before. There is other software which handles this but currently BA does not.
Dallas

dldtaylor wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:56 pm

The percentage offset can be calculated from the price or price -1.0, to have as in your example above you need to set it to 'price -1.0'
To change this go into; Settings > edit settings > staking > Percentage offsetting and select 'Price -1.0
dldtaylor

Assuming that it is a 'glitch' the solutional appears quite simple to correct. Current odds less 1.01 (what I refer to as the 'adjusted odds'), less 50% (or what ever percentage you choose) of the 'adjusted odds' plus 1.01
dldtaylor

Thank you Dallas. As your avatar suggests...you are a star!

Return to “Suggestions”