Bet Angel v1.49.0 - Possible improvements

Help improve Bet Angel.
Tuco

If you bring up the "English Premier League - Straight Tricast 2017/18" market and then click the ladder tab and see if you know which selection is which.

As you can't, perhaps if the cursor were hovered on the selection you should be able to see the entire selection rather than guess.
Tuco

Hopefully as these are in the main simple layout issues, they can be easily added to the next release v1.49.1 and would be much appreciated guys!

"I often find that I'm playing an in-play market which consists of two teams plus substitues with the selections all mixed up wasting valuable time in finding the desired selection. The unused substitutes or those that have already been substituted get right in the way. A custom order sort would solve this problem. What I would find really useful would be to be able to custom sort the order of the selections in the same way as you can when using the ladder screens (for up to 12 selections). In that way I could ensure the selections for 1 team were at the top and the selections for the other team were at the bottom of the one-click screen and in-play trader screen.

Also for the one-click screen would like to be able to split the screen into two columns left and right, so I could have one team on the left and the other team on the right - that would be really useful as all selections would be visible at a glance rather than needing to scroll up or down which wastes valuable time when there are more than 20 selections in the market. An alternative way to achieve this is to run two sets of BetAngel simultaneously have each take up half a computer screen side by side - but surely this shouldn't be necessary?

On the one-click screen you can sort by 'First Name' and sort by 'P&L' - an option to be able to sort by 'Surname' as well as and/or rather than by 'First Name' would also be incredibly useful - I could have really used that feature last Monday and on many other occassions.

It would also be most useful if there were 'sort by Surname (Ascending)', 'sort by Surname (Descending)', 'sort by First Name (Ascending)', and 'sort by First Name (Descending)' options on the In-play Trader sorting drop-down list. Alternatively or as well as, a simple 'drag-and-drop' feature would allow the selections to be ordered as desired

Finally, it would be great to be able to have several one-click windows open for different markets at the same time and to be able to open a market into one of these one-click windows in the same way as you can open a new market into a new ladder window by right clicking on the market in Guardian and selecting 'Display market in a new ladder window' - all this would take is the added option to 'Display market in a new one-click window'.

I really would find these custom sorting and one-click layout additions incredible uselful and as such I'm sure many others would too.

Keep up the good work guys - any questions please don't hesitate to ask - thank you :)"
Dublin_Flyer

Tuco wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm
On the one-click screen you can sort by 'First Name' and sort by 'P&L' - an option to be able to sort by 'Surname' as well as and/or rather than by 'First Name' would also be incredibly useful - I could have really used that feature last Monday and on many other occassions.

It would also be most useful if there were 'sort by Surname (Ascending)', 'sort by Surname (Descending)', 'sort by First Name (Ascending)', and 'sort by First Name (Descending)' options on the In-play Trader sorting drop-down list. Alternatively or as well as, a simple 'drag-and-drop' feature would allow the selections to be ordered as desired
Can't see how either quoted part would be feasible Tuco. How would a horse like Un Temps Pour Tout be classified by first or last name? Or Twiston-Davies jockey?
Tuco

I was wanting it to use on human names, so 'first name' and 'last name' (rather than surname) would do - I guess Twiston-Davies would come under 'T' and last name for the horse would also be fine on this 'last name' sorting.

Of course, not all features will be useful to everyone and/or for every event or market, but this sorting will make it possible in certain markets at certain times, to enable me to get my back and/or lay bets matched in the quickest time with the least fuss - and that is the ultimate purpose of BetAngel.

Imagine having to look down a list of 80+ selections all in a random order in an in-play fastest-finger situation - custom sorting as outlined above will make that scenario a lot easier.
Tuco

In addition to my previous posts about layout improvments for the next gen BA with custom sorting of the one-click screen etc. could I also ask that the next version increases the maximum number of ladders from 12 to 18 ladders.

I run 24" screens where it is nice to have 6 columns and 2 rows but this could be increased to 6 columns and 3 rows offering 18 different selections at a glance. As fewer ticks would be visible it would be useful in markets with little spread, but there are many of those.

Please do read and if possible incomporate the previously mentioned improvements into the next version as I and I'm sure several others will appreciate the benefits they bring.

Thanks and keep up the good work, BA!
Tuco

I'd very much like to receive some feedback from Peter, Dallas or one of the developers about my recent improvement suggestions which in the main are simple additional layout improvments and not a new set of features or complicated codes or algorithms.
Last edited by Tuco on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuco

Having the opportunity to open several one-click screens, (as you can already do with several ladder screens), would be a welcome advantage in events where there are several markets.

I often play events where there are winner, top 2, top 3, top 4, top 6 top 10 markets all of whuich are dependant upon the very same live action - several one-click screens in this scenario would be most welcome. I've developed the screen to fit half the width of the monitor, so across two monitors you could have 4 one-click screens with 20 selections visible at any one time and with 2 PC's each with 2 screens you could have 8 one-click screens at your mercy.

I really do hope sopmeone in the suggestions/upgrades department is considering my suggestions as I know they would help me out and therefore they would also help many others out too.
ShaunWhite

No need for more PCs just have 4 or 6 big 4k monitors.

How about some of these 75" touch screens :D mmmm
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/75-ct ... -a-g-glass

Incidentally I think your requirement to display so many markets is so niche it's unlikely to gain much traction. Ditto the one about sorting by different parts of the name of a selection.
Tuco

The entire purpose of BetAngel is to help and not hinder when trading - not everyone just trades horse racing. It is important that BetAngel evolves in order to stay relevant and provides the required features.

In the main these are very simple layout feature updates which once incorporated will be of interest to many. If BetAngel are unwilling to consider these well thought through and considered updates I shall need to look elsewhere at my next subscription renewal as these updates are not just what I want, they are what I need and they will serve others in the same way. BA have already incorporated several of my previous update suggestions for which I am grateful, so I hope and trust they will seriously consider these latest suggestions.

Not every feature is going to be of use to everyone - I currently have no use for any of the automation features but I welcome their inclusion.
Last edited by Tuco on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
to75ne

Tuco wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:30 pm
The entire purpose of BetAngel is to help and not hinder when trading - not everyone just trades horse racing.

In the main these are very simple layout feature updates which once incorporated will be of interest to many. If BetAngel are unwilling to consider these well thought through and considered updates I shall need to look elsewhere at my next subscription renewal.
i am sure they will miss you.

the only viable alternatives are far inferior to ba so by all means look but, you will not find anything better.
ShaunWhite

Your annual subscription would pay for about 1/2 a day of development. Then you have integration testing, implementation & documentation so I'm not sure your threat to leave is particularly menacing.

The best thing you can do is to create a poll and find out what the actual demand for this is.
Tuco

It is not meant to be menacing but is meant to encourage development - if I have a need it will also be one that others would welcome upon implementation.
Tuco

to75ne wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:46 pm
Why the hostility? I am trying to improve BetAngel for one and all.
to75ne

Tuco wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:58 pm
to75ne wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:46 pm
Why the hostility? I am trying to improve BetAngel for one and all.
thats normal for me. i am quite aggressive by nature. no hostility meant.

edit,

even gonna put a smile :)
Dallas

The best thing to do is what you have already done with one of your suggestions and that is to create a new thread in the 'suggestion' area for each individual suggestion you have and as Shaunwhite said you could even add a poll to each one that's the way a level of demand can easily be seen by development through other users comments, +1's & the poll itself.

Development do keep a very close eye on the 'suggestion' thread and read every thread in that section but rarely reply unless its to clarify something

Return to “Suggestions”