Save / Bookmark Individual Posts

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you like the option to save / tag individual posts on the forum?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Yes, it would be useful
67%
No, not needed
33%

Total votes: 9
Trader Pat

This is actually a suggestion for the forum and not for the software.

Would love an option to tag individual posts and have them saved so its easy to find them again. Sometimes you come across a real gem of a post on the forum but there is no way to easily find them again. I know you can subscribe to the topic but if you like a particular post it can be a pain to find it again. Only other option I can think of is to take a screenshot and save them in a file but wondering if having the option to save them on the website is something others users are interested in so vote and let me know!
MemphisFlash

you can already do this !!!!
Trader Pat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:49 pm
you can already do this !!!!
How?
Abraquay

You can click on the spanner next to post reply and bookmark topic there. If you click on your username which is next to private messages then
click on user control panel. From there if you click on overview you can manage your bookmarks.
Trader Pat

Abraquay wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:06 pm
You can click on the spanner next to post reply and bookmark topic there. If you click on your username which is next to private messages then
click on user control panel. From there if you click on overview you can manage your bookmarks.
Just to clarify as I've said in the original post this is about bookmarking 'individual' posts.. not entire topics.
PDC

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:44 pm
This is actually a suggestion for the forum and not for the software.

Would love an option to tag individual posts and have them saved so its easy to find them again. Sometimes you come across a real gem of a post on the forum but there is no way to easily find them again. I know you can subscribe to the topic but if you like a particular post it can be a pain to find it again. Only other option I can think of is to take a screenshot and save them in a file but wondering if having the option to save them on the website is something others users are interested in so vote and let me know!
Copy them and email them to yourself along with a link to the thread and use a sensible subject to your email and you will be easily able to find them.
Trader Pat

PDC wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:16 pm
Copy them and email them to yourself along with a link to the thread and use a sensible subject to your email and you will be easily able to find them.
Yeah you could do that but it would be much easier if you could save them and have them appear in the user control panel like you can when you bookmark topics.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Abraquay wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:06 pm
Just to clarify as I've said in the original post this is about bookmarking 'individual' posts.. not entire topics.
Surely it would be just as effective to have a folder in your browser bookmark menu with links to all the posts of interest?
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:49 pm
Surely it would be just as effective to have a folder in your browser bookmark menu with links to all the posts of interest?
Yeah thats effective but if you can bookmark entire topics in the user control panel then why not individual posts as well?

Would it much better to have them all in the same place.
ShaunWhite

BA probably don't have much control over forum functionality, it's an off the shelf product from phpBB.
Dallas

The way I do it is as others have mentioned and create a bookmark within my browser but first I put the post I'm interested in at the top of the page,
ie, In the image below my post is the second on this page so if I wanted to save that post first I would edit the end of the URL so it starts with my post at the top
So the end of the URL would be 3371, If you changed it to 3372 then Gutuami's post would appear at the top

Page.png

Then just save it as a regular bookmarked page in your browser with a title of your choice, even create a folder just for 'forum posts'

Bookmarks.png

An added advantage of doing it this way is you can view the post you want without being logged into the forum (unless you want an attachment from it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Thanks Dallas this is actually a more streamlined way of doing it than I use so I'm happy enough with the suggestion.

Can't delete the thread though can I?
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:53 pm
Thanks Dallas this is actually a more streamlined way of doing it than I use so I'm happy enough with the suggestion.

It's better to keep the thread as others may find it useful
Trader Pat

Ok
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:53 pm

There would have to be something seriously wrong with the forum software if aharris81 was allowed to delete the today's racing thread simply because he started it. :)

As far as I know you cannot even delete a post if somebody has quoted it.

Return to “Suggestions”