Book% staking method

Help improve Bet Angel.
MugPunter

Book% by % of balance staking method??
Derek27

MugPunter wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 am
I think you've missed the beginning and end of the question?
Dallas

MugPunter wrote:
As it can currently only be one or the other I assume your OP is to put forward the suggestion of adding a method of using the two combined rather than asking if it can be done?
Dabbla

Book % by servant context

Any chance we could get this added as a staking command.

The reason for this is, I have a OCS that I’m half way through making. During testing I’m stuck when it comes to staking options.
The servants (6 Buttons 1 safety ) are attached to a OCS that dutch /books 2 outcomes.
The problem is I can’t dutch/book them as book% servant context . The option to book% is to ridged, it would mean changing 24 rules to change the stake.

I would also use this on a couple of my other servants to improve them.

Thanks
Derek27

MugPunter wrote:
MugPunter, you've asked a very unclear question, three people have responded and you haven't bothered replying to your own thread!
MugPunter

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:24 pm
MugPunter wrote:
MugPunter, you've asked a very unclear question, three people have responded and you haven't bothered replying to your own thread!
Sorry for the lack of response, I created a spreadsheet to perform my needs, as this function isn't available in BA. :D
ruthlessimon

I am surprised it's not part of BA.

Personally I find it a real menace having to manually calc the staking required to keep my risk/profit even - depending on whether I'm trading something @ 1.2 or @ 6.3 etc (i.e. making sure a 10 tick winner is always £10 etc (hedged, after commission))
LeTiss wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:45 am
I've asked for this many times, but Peter thinks it's shit

When I was starting to make money on BF, I used to calculate my stakes so I'd make 'x' amount after greening. The beauty was that I simply needed to have a profit of ticks to be in profit - i.e. if I was doing £5 per tick after greening - I wasn't so bothered about redding up for £5 loss on a market, as I knew I'd get a 2 tick movement somewhere else for £10

It was huge in mentally allowing me to take reds, as my trading became about ticks rather than money. I doubt I'd still be here without this change of mentality

If we use the drop down box we can have a setting of £5 per tick. Therefore, backing a 1.50 shot = £500 stakes, but I struggle to see why £5 after greening cannot be added, so backing a 1.50 shot becomes £750 instead

Like I say, Peter thinks it's useless. Let's face it, who the f**k are we to argue with PW when it comes to trading :lol:
I aint one to argue with Peter either!!

There must be a reason BA doesn't include it - & why it isn't pivotal to Peter's trading - although I haven't got a clue myself :)
LeTiss

Peter never saw the relevance, because he was interested in betting, but not unheathily so.

Some of us, and I'm including myself, gravitated to trading having previously been a punter that gambled beyond his means.

This lead to catastrophic decisions on my part when I was struggling to accept red screens.

I maintain my stance, that I wouldn't be here today, if I hadn't adopted this staking method. Making my trading all about ticks and not pure money, was absolutely imperitive in giving me the strength to happily accept a loss and move onto the next market

Return to “Suggestions”