Daylight savings time

Help improve Bet Angel.
Kafkaesque

This may become a moot point, if they decide to scratch the concept altogether, but automation seemed to stop for the last hour. At 3AM here in mainland Europe (2AM UK time) when the clocks jumped back to 2AM (1AM UK), the automation froze showing "last update" 02:59:59 with the time actually being 01:59:59.

Once the hour passed it kicked back on.

My understanding is the BA runs with the computer's clock , so I found it a strange one. Any ideas why this happened?
gazuty

Memories, light the corners of my mind.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7692&hilit=daylight+saving
Kafkaesque

Cheers for that. The thread seems to be more about Betfair not being able to sort start times, which wasn't the issue here. Instead of BF it was Bet Angel and more specifically Guardian that didn't seem to handle the time switch.
Euler

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:11 am
This may become a moot point, if they decide to scratch the concept altogether, but automation seemed to stop for the last hour. At 3AM here in mainland Europe (2AM UK time) when the clocks jumped back to 2AM (1AM UK), the automation froze showing "last update" 02:59:59 with the time actually being 01:59:59.

My understanding is the BA runs with the computer's clock , so I found it a strange one. Any ideas why this happened?
You will probably find that the markets populated in Bet Angel were on the old time or something like that? I ran some stuff overnight but didn't note what had or hadn't happened. They seemed to do pretty well, so I wonder if many people got knocked out by DST.

I hate putting the clocks back, dark at 16:30, depressing.
gazuty

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:38 pm
Cheers for that. The thread seems to be more about Betfair not being able to sort start times, which wasn't the issue here. Instead of BF it was Bet Angel and more specifically Guardian that didn't seem to handle the time switch.
Guardian loads times from BF.
BetScalper

gazuty wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:39 am
Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:38 pm
Guardian loads times from BF.
But does guardian refresh them, if they get changed ?
Jukebox

The scheduled time of the event comes from Betfair - The current time comes from your own PC
Kafkaesque

Euler wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:46 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:11 am

You will probably find that the markets populated in Bet Angel were on the old time or something like that? I ran some stuff overnight but didn't note what had or hadn't happened. They seemed to do pretty well, so I wonder if many people got knocked out by DST.

I hate putting the clocks back, dark at 16:30, depressing.
No, the event starting times were fine. It was BA's clock that went sideways, not following the computer's clock for whatever reason.

Return to “Suggestions”