Tick Offset Suggestion

Help improve Bet Angel.
Balmus

It would be superb if you could better the options on the tick offset. What I am looking for is the ability to do the following. ( all in running)

Example one,
Place a £500 bet at 1.01 (best price will be taken, say 2.5 average for this example)
Then semi hedge the book at 1.4 leaving remaining profit on selection but rest of the book to £0 liability.

Example two,
Place a lay bet by liability of £500 twenty ticks higher than current price, for this example say 2.0.
Then semi hedge at say 6.0 so leaving £0 liability on the selection but remaining profit on rest of field.

I understand this could be possible via a servant by splitting up the £500 back bet, however with the markets so thin these days £500 can move the price from 6.0 to 1.5 so in splitting up the stakes and offsetting individually you don’t know what each bet will be matched. So, you could end up backing say £25 at 6.0 and giving it back at 3.0 and then the £25 at say 2.0 is given back at 1.01. If it uses average price of the £500 total bet I would end up with a better overall position.

It would also be great if you could add hedge at x price and hedge at current price + x price. so, for example say I lay at 1.5 and I have hedge at (+ 3.0) it will hedge at 4.5. If I lay at say 1.96 and I have hedge at (+1.0) It will hedge at 2.96.

Thanks
Balmus

Balmus wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Example two,
Place a lay bet by liability of £500 twenty ticks higher than current price, for this example say 2.0.
Then semi hedge at say 6.0 so leaving £0 liability on the selection but remaining profit on rest of field.
Is there a way to manualy green a selection using Signals/Stored Values? I cant find a way to store matched bet amounts and prices. Maybe Ive just lost my mind thinking about how I can do this and need to get my head down...

The way I would like it to work is detailed below.

So for example lets say I lay £500 with a 1 sec fill/kill at 2.5, It is all matched. I then want to split up the offset into 3 parts of 33% of liability (£750 in this example) in different tick increments. 50 ticks, 85 ticks and 135 ticks, so £71.43 @4.5, £27.78@ 10.0 and £5.10@50?

Any Ideas/Help would be great.
Thanks
Dallas

Why not just use 3 x lay bets each for £250 liability each offsetting with greening at the required number of ticks?
Balmus

Because I dont want to green, I want to leave profit on the field and have the runner I have layed to a £0 liability.
Balmus

Also Because if I do that I might olny get say £150 of one bet matched, from there its pure luck which price it will offset at.
Thanks.
Dallas

Balmus wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 pm
Because I dont want to green, I want to leave profit on the field and have the runner I have layed to a £0 liability.
To leave £0 liability on the selection and profit on the field the back bet needs to be done separately using the staking method 'by liability', it can't be done with offsetting as it would be calculated from the lay bet and either be green you up or leave the profit on the selection and £0 liability on the field.

You would have to do it with a servant and stored values
So a lay rule would place a bet by liability and at the same time store the value of the lay price + 'X' ticks
Then a back bet rule using the staking method 'by liability' can place a bet at the stored value price
Balmus

hedge test.baf
I understand what you are saying but I heve two issues, one is the by liability setting, there is no way to split it up as far as I can see.

The other issue is I cant get the back bet to fire anyway.

Im going to give up on this tonight, will have another look tomorrow.

Thanks for your help anyway. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Balmus wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:48 pm
hedge test.baf

I understand what you are saying but I heve two issues, one is the by liability setting, there is no way to split it up as far as I can see.

The other issue is I cant get the back bet to fire anyway.

Im going to give up on this tonight, will have another look tomorrow.

Thanks for your help anyway. :-)
It was just two small things

There was a signal cond stopping the back bet so remove that
also instead of always armed for the back bet change this to use 'first rule to trigger' and set it to 1 sec after (otherwise the back is triggering the same time and before the stored value is known)
Dallas

Then just add your other two back and lay rules using different names for the stored values and you should have it how you need it
Balmus

Cheers, thats firing now, however its still not clear how to stake the back bets to a £0 liability on the selection. Its realy frying my brain :lol: :lol:
Dallas

Balmus wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 pm
Cheers, thats firing now, however its still not clear how to stake the back bets to a £0 liability on the selection. Its realy frying my brain :lol: :lol:
Ill put your file into Bet Angel tomorrow morning and have a proper check (i was only looking at it as a .txt file so I could have missed something else)
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:21 pm
Balmus wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 pm
Ill put your file into Bet Angel tomorrow morning and have a proper check (i was only looking at it as a .txt file so I could have missed something else)
Just checked it over and its working fine except you had the lay bet to place 20 ticks above the current price, the problem with doing this is the liability is calculated from the odds its placed at so by being matched at 20 ticks below it throws the calculations out as your actual lay liability is a lot less than the £500 you have asked for when being matched at lower odds

Return to “Suggestions”