Automation vs Manual Trading ( Improvements for 2019 )

Help improve Bet Angel.
soccersaint

It is worth noting that no other software offers a market coupon view to tackle the issue.

Manual trading is where we all started so it makes sense to try and improve that area as well as automation. New users then graduate to semi automatic and automatic trading.

Also I should have added, my trading is football only and the example screen shot is intended for improvements in those markets so the coupon view wouldn’t suit horse racing.

There are many more bettors using the betfair platform than BA software to trade their football and when you consider its all a manual process these players are not looking for automation, so it could be an area to explore and improve if Bet Angel want to attract new users.

Remember Manual Trading can still be exciting and watching for opportunities and using your skill to make a profit is sometimes more rewarding than an automated method.

With improvements to match and market filtering and the loading and view of football markets and I can only see that as a positive move. Betfair themselves wouldn’t have created a drop down menu for market selection or the coupon view for bettors if they didn’t think it worth while.

Perhaps the creators of Bet Angel Trader might consider using a coupon view or a customisation by market tabs like the betfair model to enhance that product.
It certainly would be a innovative tool to introduce to new traders and it would be “NEW” for 2019
soccersaint

Betscalper doesn’t understand the importance of introducing new features to enhance a product and improve performance.

May I remind him that Bet Angel Trader is a stand alone manual trading product.

Every Bet Angel user in their early days would have cut their teeth manual trading because servants and automation were not around.

If the Bet Angel Trader tool kit is still being offered as an introduction to trading then it suggests the creators still feel it has a worth.

Bet scalper begs to differ and I doubt he is alone, but Rostov makes a valid point, the thread is about improving manual trading and not automation.
soccersaint

I need your support Dallas, Le Tiss mr mcgoo and Euler,

It seems apparent to me that if you are are not using Guardian or Servants manual trading is ridiculed. I maybe in the minority that do not rely on servants or automation to place my trades, but in all fairness 90% of the trading on football is at a slower pace where the action is not as fast as say horse racing.
Therefor my point of discussion was improvements to manual trading 2019

Also bearing in mind that at the moment we charge £60 per year for a product “Bet Angel Trader” that no one on here seems to have a value for.
Correct me if I am wrong but the basic Trader product doesn’t allow for either Guardian or Advanced Automation.

So can you see where I am heading with this ? .....

If no one seems to think manual trading has a place - is it still a worth while product ?
And.........
If you feel it has a place, can it be improved without the introduction of Advanced automation or semi automation tools or Guardian ?
Dallas

I don't think anyone is ridiculing manual trading, I can't say for Mcgoo but for mine, Eulers and certainly for Letiss's manual trading still makes up most of our trading activity and I'd think the majority of BA users are predominantly manual traders still.

Also, the software is continually developed to benefit as many users as possible, in the last build released near the end of last year 95% of the new features added were for the benefit of manual traders and the build before that was also focused far more on the manual trader than the automated trader.

I think it may be the way your suggestion has been worded (and the thread title) that has caused some confusion and misunderstanding within the thread.

Personally speaking, the suggestion of having numerous markets from an event like it is on the BF site is a good idea and as Euler stated there is something already in the pipeline which should help.
BetScalper

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 pm
I don't think anyone is ridiculing manual trading, I can't say for Mcgoo but for mine, Eulers and certainly for Letiss's manual trading still makes up most of our trading activity and I'd think the majority of BA users are predominantly manual traders still.

Also, the software is continually developed to benefit as many users as possible, in the last build released near the end of last year 95% of the new features added were for the benefit of manual traders and the build before that was also focused far more on the manual trader than the automated trader.

I think it may be the way your suggestion has been worded (and the thread title) that has caused some confusion and misunderstanding within the thread.

Personally speaking, the suggestion of having numerous markets from an event like it is on the BF site is a good idea and as Euler stated there is something already in the pipeline which should help.
+ 1
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 pm

+2
soccersaint

That is welcome news to here that something is in the pipeline to help us.

If you wondered “Where was I heading”

In my view I have witnessed a huge change in the markets in recent times.
Fair to say liquidity is just not there in many markets and if it does arrive it arrives very late. ( Man City vs Rotherham ) less than £50 matched at o/u 2.5 and even less in other markets...tells you where the money comes from!!

My prompt to improve the basic product and offer something to attract new users is because I feel in order to help address this problem we might just need more players !

More liquidity in the markets requires more money and more players in the markets hopefully equals more money.

Therefor improve and promote a product that makes it nice and easy for new players to come on board and at the same time draw them away from the gambling scene that is Hills,Ladbrokes, Bet Victor and co...
Introduce them to trading not gambling and introduce them to Bet Angel.

In order to do that we need to at least matches the Betfair platform model and as always start with the basics of manual trading.

Thank you for your kind responses and let’s all hope liquidity improves in 2019
ABB8DF91-0295-422F-9754-C4513CF3A285.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

soccersaint wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:44 pm
That is welcome news to here that something is in the pipeline to help us.

If you wondered “Where was I heading”

In my view I have witnessed a huge change in the markets in recent times.
Fair to say liquidity is just not there in many markets and if it does arrive it arrives very late. ( Man City vs Rotherham ) less than £50 matched at o/u 2.5 and even less in other markets...tells you where the money comes from!!

My prompt to improve the basic product and offer something to attract new users is because I feel in order to help address this problem we might just need more players !

More liquidity in the markets requires more money and more players in the markets hopefully equals more money.

Therefor improve and promote a product that makes it nice and easy for new players to come on board and at the same time draw them away from the gambling scene that is Hills,Ladbrokes, Bet Victor and co...
Introduce them to trading not gambling and introduce them to Bet Angel.

In order to do that we need to at least matches the Betfair platform model and as always start with the basics of manual trading.

Thank you for your kind responses and let’s all hope liquidity improves in 2019

ABB8DF91-0295-422F-9754-C4513CF3A285.jpeg
Your never going to get high liquidity in those type of markets / games. Market makers will not get involved until the quarter finals.

They have bigger fish to fry...

And I wouldn’t rely on thousands of new Bet Angel customers suddenly filling the gap(s) in the markets.

I know a few big market makers and they have changed where they offer their money.

It’s not going to be in FA Cup 3rd Round matches. Big T20 cricket matches are turning obscene amounts of money....
Just_nobody

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:06 pm
We have something in the pipeline which should help you move towards what you are trying to achieve. But I can't confirm when that will be released at this moment.
i know what soccersaint pointed cause i also manual trader, the advantage using bet angel for manual trader for now maybe only in guardian. can i suggest bet angel add the simpe menu display "what if" figure for the next version cause it can also help manual trader

Dallas

Just_nobody wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 am
Euler wrote:
We have something in the pipeline which should help you move towards what you are trying to achieve. But I can't confirm when that will be released at this moment.
i know what soccersaint pointed cause i also manual trader, the advantage using bet angel for manual trader for now maybe only in guardian. can i suggest bet angel add the simpe menu display "what if" figure for the next version cause it can also help manual trader

The 'What If' figure has been available for a while now on the one-click screen, it just needs enabling from the column chooser (calendar icon) if you want to display it
Just_nobody

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:48 am
Just_nobody wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 am
Euler wrote:

The 'What If' figure has been available for a while now on the one-click screen, it just needs enabling from the column chooser (calendar icon) if you want to display it

ahh i see thanks Dallas just enable and try it, if it only on the one click screen mean just it just cover limited max 5 prices for back/lay? is there any solution also for soccersaint suggest in other thread ---->
"the coupon at the bottom of guardian. It looks great but to enter a trade you then you have to double click the guardian market and it spawns a new one click screen. First,find somewhere to pin it. Then remove it from view every time. Then repeat every time you need to double click a market in guardian.
Wouldnt things be simple if you can place a trade from that bottom coupon, turning it from a dead coupon to the one click version instead ? " :P
Dabbla

re: Just_nobody

Do you need Guardian open ? If not, Go to (file) top left of the main interface > select (Market selection) and place that to left or right of your trading screen.Then access the market you need from there.
You can still put every thing in to guardian but than minamize it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soccersaint

Referring to my recent post for suggestions on the improvement to manual trading.
What if we could improve the Bet Angel Trader basic software ? Giving traders a coupon feel much like the betfair model and improving market selection by perhaps offering them more value.

I struggle to see how at present it offers anything different than the betfair platform, it has no automation, no servants and no guardian to ease the pain of that awful betfair experience.

At £60 I cannot see why anyone would choose that option can you ?

Purely from a manual trading perspective I am trying to find enough reasons to re subscribe !
Dallas

soccersaint wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 pm
Referring to my recent post for suggestions on the improvement to manual trading.
What if we could improve the Bet Angel Trader basic software ? Giving traders a coupon feel much like the betfair model and improving market selection by perhaps offering them more value.

I struggle to see how at present it offers anything different than the betfair platform, it has no automation, no servants and no guardian to ease the pain of that awful betfair experience.

At £60 I cannot see why anyone would choose that option can you ?

Purely from a manual trading perspective I am trying to find enough reasons to re subscribe !
Bet Angel Trader has a lot of tools and features that will allow you to do a lot of stuff not possible via the Betfair site
Starting with the ladder interface which no one wanting to manually trade the most popular sport (horse racing) would consider trading without, there's also Dutching, Bookmaking, Advanced charting, all the global settings like offsetting and stops etc, custom settings and layout profiles and more all for just £6pm
soccersaint

I guess I should have translated my point a bit better. BA Trader does offer features that you wouldn’t find on betfair.

If BA could deliver a coupon view for all your matches and markets like the betfair platform ... coupled with the existing trader features then that would be great !!!

I am not sure how far away Bet Angel is from offering software that makes it easier to handle your markets and makes it easier to view your markets
( especially on football ) than the betfair model ?

Even if BA doesn’t address the above market view issue I would like to understand further Eulers comments that there maybe something in the pipe line that would help manual traders in this area....

Could we be getting something like the coupon view or is market menu and quick pics filter more his thinking ?

Return to “Suggestions”