Automation vs Manual Trading ( Improvements for 2019 )

Help improve Bet Angel.
soccersaint

How many BA users are using the software to improve their manual trading ? I would guess very few.
The reason I say that is because what I believe aids the manual trader and is key to performance is the ease at which his markets are available to him and the speed that he can enter and exit his trades. Given that BA doesn’t address the first issue I fail to see how the manual trader is the future of the software, it appears all users are going fully automated and manual traders are best sticking to the betfair platform where everything is at hand and markets spawn to view at the click of a mouse.

Come on Bet Angel give Manual traders something to cheer about in 2019...please !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterLe

How would you suggest it is improved?
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:10 pm
How would you suggest it is improved?
He wants manual trading to be sped up?

You can only do that if certain processes are automated!
Dallas

soccersaint wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:05 pm
How many BA users are using the software to improve their manual trading ? I would guess very few.
The reason I say that is because what I believe aids the manual trader and is key to performance is the ease at which his markets are available to him and the speed that he can enter and exit his trades. Given that BA doesn’t address the first issue I fail to see how the manual trader is the future of the software, it appears all users are going fully automated and manual traders are best sticking to the betfair platform where everything is at hand and markets spawn to view at the click of a mouse.

Come on Bet Angel give Manual traders something to cheer about in 2019...please !
Servants where introduced back in 2017, the main reason was to put the power of automation in the hand of a manual trader allowing them to execute trades as fast those using automation
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/servants.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV1yLhD ... bcP1RSAWEO
spreadbetting

From the screen shot I'd guess he wants all related markets to be viewable at once
soccersaint wrote:
manual traders are best sticking to the betfair platform where everything is at hand and markets spawn to view at the click of a mouse.

Last edited by spreadbetting on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 pm
soccersaint wrote:

Servants where introduced back in 2017, the main reason was to put the power of automation in the hand of a manual trader allowing them to execute trades as fast those using automation
I have a feeling Dallas, that Servants are an area of the BA software that is drastically underused
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 pm
soccersaint wrote:

I have a feeling Dallas, that Servants are an area of the BA software that is drastically underused
I'd definitely agree with that, and yet they are such a big part of my trading now I'd find it difficult to imagine not having them
soccersaint

Servants are indeed a great addition to manual trading however my issue was well pointed out by spreadbetting”...

What is key for manual trading is to have all your main markets in view as per the screen shot. To have software that can execute a trade instantly is of no use if you have then to spend time searching for the market. Betfair offers a view that is both easy to trade a market from and requires no need to spawn numerous windows or search endlessly up and down a menu tree.
The only thing they have yet to do is allow you to filter or customise the matches you want to trade.
I know it is an area that has been discussed a lot befor but never addressed.
If you could have your matches or leagues loaded for example in the left column a click takes you to the view as per Betfair with your selected markets then that would solve the current issue and put BA offering a better alternative.
At the moment if you don’t use a servant or automation it is fair to say Bet Angel doesn’t offer a better solution to trading.
mcgoo

<<grabbing a beer to watch the rise outta this one :D :geek: ..it seems to me you can launch multiple windows /ladders/watch lists/one click markets + multiple instances...all at the same time ...while you apply rules/servants + automation..if you want to ...but perhaps I have missed something as I search for the automation grail.. over to the pro's :ugeek:
PDC

soccersaint wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:45 am
At the moment if you don’t use a servant or automation it is fair to say Bet Angel doesn’t offer a better solution to trading.
You are looking at it from one aspect, it offers many other advantages. It may not do the one specific thing you want but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:02 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:52 pm
I'd definitely agree with that, and yet they are such a big part of my trading now I'd find it difficult to imagine not having them
Perhaps they are seen as daunting and the amount of educational material available around them is not sufficient. When something is being under utilised it is important to spend time thinking why that is.
soccersaint

I think maybe the point is being missed.

My argument was not to devalue BA - take away automation take away servants and tell me if bet angel is any better than the betfair platform ?

I agree it still let’s you execute trades quicker but to have all your markets on view in one area is I feel better than spawning lots of windows watch lists etc etc

Take away automation
Take away semi automation and servants

Then you are left with pure manual trading...
Is it then any better ?

I am not decrying the value of bet angel for auto and semi auto trading it’s the best out there ! However if you are trading 20 football matches each with 5 markets which would be easier to handle ?
Single view one click offered by the betfair platform or the Bet Angel model ?

I am the Servant :lol:
Euler

We have something in the pipeline which should help you move towards what you are trying to achieve. But I can't confirm when that will be released at this moment.
rostov

Excellent news.

I thought this would elicit the usual fatuous suggestion to open another
instance of BA, so this is a major step forward.
BetScalper

A major step forward would be to include access to more variables in automation.
rostov

The OP was asking about improvements for manual traders.

Return to “Suggestions”