Global Conditions

Help improve Bet Angel.
firlandsfarm

I've tried to do some things recently that have either required the same Conditions/Parameters in every 'trigger' rule or were just not possible unless I set a rule for each runner in a race (Not knowing in advance how many runners there will be in every race I set it at 20 so had to create basically the same rule 20 times over and when I wanted to change something I had to change all 20 rules!). Could we have a facility for some Global Conditions and Parameters such as …

Only apply bet triggers if the book is greater than/less than X%
Only apply the rule set to races with more than/less than X runners (with the number of runners being live data taken from the Betfair market at the time the rule is assessed).
Only apply the rule to runners where the Back/Lay gap is less than 3 ticks.

I thought of this when wanting to change some Conditions/Parameters in Dutching type rules but it maybe would apply in any long rule set.
eatyourgreens

I think those options are there (unless you are using the betdaq version :( ).
firlandsfarm

Thanks for your interest eatyourgreens but where are they? They are there as single rule specific but I cannot see how to apply them as global rule-set conditions. For example if you want to control the number of runners I can only see it as a rule specific Condition. So if you are dutching or targeting All Selections you have to enter a rule for every possible selection and apply that Condition to every one of those rules and then if you want to change that condition you have to change each and every one of those rules individually. I may be wrong and would be pleased to see a shortcut way to do it. I did explore this in an earlier thread … viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18371
eatyourgreens

sorry, misread op :-(

If it helps, there are ways to change multiple rules files in notepad, never done it myself, I think it is done by using a search/replace function. There is a thread on it somewhere ????

goodluck :-)
Dabbla

You want to be using signals as global settings

e.g. Have 1 rule, Is the book greater than 102%, then set a market signal x% =1.
Then a second, Is the book less than 102%, then set a market signal x% 0 or clear.(I prefer to clear)

Then in your main rules dutch rules have a condition looking for a (signal value) market signal x% is =1

The same with the runners.
You can do it with the ticks rule but it’s a bit dodgy and you will have to set the signal as selection.

It’s a bit dodgy because, when looking at (any selection) BA will always look first at the first selection.
Im sure there are ways around that problem but I can’t get my head round the logic at the moment.

It’s also a good idea to have a global start and stop rule. That way you can easily change the time your automation starts and stops without having to change everything.
firlandsfarm

Thanks eatyourgreens, yes you can use Notepad and find/replace I've done that before but you have to be careful you don't 'find' other settings that coincidentally are 'found' and changed but you have a point … thanks

Well, Dabbla, thank you for pointing my thinking in that direction. That's a use of signals I hadn't considered but maybe because I rather gave up on signals because whenever I tried to use them I couldn't get them to do what I wanted and whenever I raised it here I was always directed to threads dealing with Signals but they still didn't work (for me!). Clearly I've not grasped something. :( Again what you are saying makes sense so time to bury my head in them again.

Return to “Suggestions”