Bug: Alert ( Play Sound Alert / Show Message )

Help improve Bet Angel.
eightbo

The MessageBox part of this alert often displays the wrong runner to the user.
I'd imagine it's confusing Favourite 1 with Selection 1.

Nothing major but likely an easy fix.
See image for an example from today. Cheers.

Notes:
- I have not fixed the selections on this automation
- I have the alert set to activate when Matched Bets > 0

◘.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Can you upload the rules file (or the section that's not working correctly)?

By default, the order of favouritism is determined by the back price and in a gappy greyhound market it can appear to trigger on the wrong runner
ie,
Runner A) back 1.89 & lay 3.45
Runner B) back 2.42 & lay 2.44

So runner A would be classed as the fav

If this is a bug (within the selection part) it wouldn't just be confined to 'Alert' rules it would cause false triggers on every rule type that used 'Applied to' in that way
eightbo

Perhaps you misunderstood. The order of favoritism is working correctly as the other rules are working as expected, and the runner shown was a massive outsider also.

Seems like the problem resides in the code itself for the Alert function. Probably a wrong variable somewhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eightbo on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Can you post the rules file or create a similar one with just the misfiring rules set up in the way you have it?
eightbo

Sure. I've PM'd you a stripped rules file.

Upon further investigation, I can see the pop-up alerts always display Selection 1., even on the Horse Racing.

After some thought, I'm not even sure why the MessageBox is displaying a selection at all, the user doesn't have any options to configure the pop-up alert (would be cool if we did, though... 8-) ;) ).

I guess the developer thought it may be useful information along with the name of the market but the end result is confusing, at least when applied to Horse Racing / Greyhound markets.
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:42 pm
Sure. I've PM'd you a stripped rules file.

Upon further investigation, I can see the pop-up alerts always display Selection 1., even on the Horse Racing.

After some thought, I'm not even sure why the MessageBox is displaying a selection at all, the user doesn't have any options to configure the pop-up alert (would be cool if we did, though... 8-) ;) ).

I guess the developer thought it may be useful information along with the name of the market but the end result is confusing, at least when applied to Horse Racing / Greyhound markets.
Got the PM with a link but says the file doesn't exist anymore?
Dallas

Perhaps im missing something here but I've just created 2 test rules
1st to trigger on selection in row 1
2nd to trigger on fav (who happens to be in row 2)

and both where fine
eightbo

Thank you for taking a look.
Looks like it displays the selection in row 1 when 'ANY selection' is selected. I misunderstood what was happening.

I have adjusted my alert rule from ANY selection to in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism), don't have time to test but should be fine now.

Delete the thread if appropriate.
eightbo

Have just realised for any automation firing on multiple selections, we should store a value to say Fav = 1/2/3 etc. and duplicate the Alert to check & display the appropriate selection.
Last edited by eightbo on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 am
Thank you for taking a look.
Looks like it displays the selection in row 1 when 'ANY selection' is selected. I misunderstood what was happening.

I have adjusted my alert rule from ANY selection to in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism), don't have time to test but should be fine now.

Delete the thread if appropriate.
Just to clarify if you apply a rule to 'ANY' selection by default once all conditions are met it will trigger on the lowest Row number first and work its way up.

Thread can be left as others may find it useful if they search something similar
eightbo

Very useful to know.

You're like a walking user guide :D
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:45 am
Have just realised that for automation which is firing on multiple selections, we can store a value to say Fav = 1/2/3 etc. and duplicate the Alert to check & display the appropriate selection.
Yes, if triggering a rule on 'ANY' and you only want it to fire once on a selection then if placing bets you can use a 'number of place bets trigger condition' on selection is equal to 0
For other things like alerts etc then you can set a signal on selection when it triggers, and also add a signal set condition to the rule to test
Signal is NOT set on a selection

So if you had a re-arm time of 1 sec with the above signal and say selections 3, 8, 14 all met the conditions at the same time it would trigger on row 3 first (as its the lowest row number) then 1 sec later row 8 as the signal being set now prevents it triggering on 3 again, then row 14 as both 3 an d 8 now have signals set etc..

Return to “Suggestions”