Lay and back bets inplay

Help improve Bet Angel.
Swimming999

Hiya guys

Is it possible to put a lay & back bet in the market inplay .

Say lay at 4.00 and back at 5.00, but have it so regardless where the price jumps about, it takes my lay bet first.

I always find it takes , whichever one it jumps to first. And I want it to take my lay bet first

Wendy
ANGELS15

The simplest thing would be to lay your selection pre-race with an offset back bet a few ticks higher to be kept to go in-play. That way you would guarantee that your selection is laid first. You may want to add a fixed odds condition, for example lay odds of the selection < 6.0 or whatever you feel is appropriate so you don't end up doing a bet where the selection drifts out to say 20.0 and you end up laying it at a huge price.
Swimming999

Thanks Angles

I know how to do that, but was just suggesting if peter could change the software to do that , they can do it on other sofware. please :D

wendy
ANGELS15

I think it's possible to do what you want. Please bear with me as I'm no expert hopefully others on here may chip in with their ideas.

I believe what you would need to do is create a rule to place a lay bet with an offset bet a few ticks or say 10% higher. You would also need to add a green all selections rule. You would need the bet placement time to be set say 5 seconds after the official start time until say 10 minutes after the start time. You would need to add an 'in-play' condition that the market is in-play (in case the race is delayed). Again it may be worth adding a fixed odds condition that the selection's lay price is < 5, 6 or whatever odds you feel appropriate. You don't want to end up in a situation where you have a horse slowly away or plants itself at the off and you lay it at huge odds.

Give that a go. Of course it goes without saying do test it with say £2 stakes so you can see it in operation and tweak it if needed.

Good luck
JTEDL

'Fill or kill' will only place offset after lay has matched.
ANGELS15

JTEDL wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:38 am
'Fill or kill' will only place offset after lay has matched.
Yes this is why I initially thought it would be better to place the lay bet before the off say 30 seconds before the race so she would be fairly certain to get the lay price she was after. I think doing it that way gives you greater control as again you can have a fixed odds condition as well.
Swimming999

cheers angel will have a go
ANGELS15

Swimming999 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 pm
cheers angel will have a go
You're very welcome. One other thing do have a look at the shared files section, you even find something there that does what you want or maybe easily modified.
Swimming999

will do thank again angel
Flomorgan15

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:32 am
I think it's possible to do what you want. Please bear with me as I'm no expert hopefully others on here may chip in with their ideas.

I believe what you would need to do is create a rule to place a lay bet with an offset bet a few ticks or say 10% higher. You would also need to add a green all selections rule. You would need the bet placement time to be set say 5 seconds after the official start time until say 10 minutes after the start time. You would need to add an 'in-play' condition that the market is in-play (in case the race is delayed). Again it may be worth adding a fixed odds condition that the selection's lay price is < 5, 6 or whatever odds you feel appropriate. You don't want to end up in a situation where you have a horse slowly away or plants itself at the off and you lay it at huge odds.

Give that a go. Of course it goes without saying do test it with say £2 stakes so you can see it in operation and tweak it if needed.

Good luck
Great advise here, however I'm a novice and want to put this rule into play. Is there any chance you could post some screen shots of what this rule would like as you just emplaned it. thanks again in advance.
ANGELS15

Flomorgan15 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:45 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:32 am

Good luck
Great advise here, however I'm a novice and want to put this rule into play. Is there any chance you could post some screen shots of what this rule would like as you just emplaned it. thanks again in advance.
Hi I would suggest even better go on Youtube and look up Peter Webbs video called 'inplay drifting bot'. This video explains how to create the bot and shows it in action. There are actally 2 videos, one where Peter shows how to create a back to lay bot and then in the second video he makes a simple modification to make it into a lay to back which is what you wish to do.

Good luck.
Flomorgan15

Thanks mate.

Return to “Suggestions”