Remove prompt on closing and maximise button. Store more data between sessions.

Help improve Bet Angel.
Arbubu

These three things annoy me with Bet Angel:

1. The prompt that I get when I close Bet Angel. It asks "Are you sure you want to close Bet Angel?" Or something similar. Other programs don't do this and I find it frustrating that Bet Angel does this. It's something else to click and it stops my computer from shutting down.
2. The maximise button on Watch Lists. With Windows 10 windows if I drag the window such that the title bar is slightly off the top of the screen (easily done inadvertently) the whole window gets maximised. This is useless for a Watch List as the information it contains is only about a quarter the width of the screen anyway. It would be nice if this could be prevented. Maybe removing the maximise button will do it.
3. I spend quite a bit of time every morning setting up my watchlists. The events I look at are long term so I have to do the same thing every day - set the automation for each event, adjust the size of the window and select for alerts to be displayed. It would be nice if this could be remembered from session to session.

Hope these can be looked at.

Otherwise I am finding it very useful, thanks.

Thanks.
Dallas

1, That can be disabled in your main settings area
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bef ... ading.html

2, Can you provide some screenshots, that would make it easier to see and understand whats happening

3, You can search, find and add all markets to Guardian and a watchlist/coupon each day with a single keystroke
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18920
Arbubu

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I think I have found the first one : Behaviour/Confirm the exit of Bet Angel. I hope that's the one.
Arbubu

Your request for screenshots is difficult - all I could provide would be of shot of the window normalised and of it maximised - I don't think that that would be of much help. Unless you want a video? Not sure how to do that.

Maybe it's a function in Windows 10 that I can turn off. Although I'm pretty sure it would be fixed by removal of the maximise button on the watch list.
Dallas

Arbubu wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:51 pm
Your request for screenshots is difficult - all I could provide would be of shot of the window normalised and of it maximised - I don't think that that would be of much help. Unless you want a video? Not sure how to do that.

Maybe it's a function in Windows 10 that I can turn off. Although I'm pretty sure it would be fixed by removal of the maximise button on the watch list.
A video would be useful to confirm but I think what your refering to is the 'Auto Snap' feature of Windows (think Win7 and above have it to some degree), if so this video shows how to disable it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufXlwzLxCWQ
Arbubu

Yes it is the auto snap feature. I've disabled it and will see if I prefer it that way.
Arbubu

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:35 pm

3, You can search, find and add all markets to Guardian and a watchlist/coupon each day with a single keystroke
Are watchlists and coupons the same thing? Your examples show a "Coupon" menu item on the watchlists - I don't have that. Should I?
Dallas

Arbubu wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:44 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Are watchlists and coupons the same thing? Your examples show a "Coupon" menu item on the watchlists - I don't have that. Should I?
Coupons are an extention of watchlist and give you full flexabilty and control on what/how its displayed.
If you update to the latest version you'll have them and a ton of other stuff thats recently been added

Coupons
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gua ... upons.html

The latest version is now V1.53 which you can download from the link below
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

All the new features you'll get after updating will include wwhat was added in V1.52 and V1.53
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/v1_52_overview.html
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/v1_53_overview.html
Arbubu

I've had a play around with automating my setup and I'm sorry to say, but it seems so complicated that I feel I might be better just doing it manually every day. I can't see how to set different automation rules for different markets, and my watchlists don't show my markets but Namibia v USA cricket for some reason. Plus it seems I have to load my settings each time I start up - that's not normal for a computer program is it?

I've spent the best part of an hour trying to get it to work, without luck. Surely just saving my setup should be really simple? I shouldn't need to spell out all the steps for setting it up should I? Once it's set up the program knows what it is, so should be able to store it.
Dallas

The following thread is a step by step guide on how to find and add all the day's markets you want into Guardian and a coupon with one keystroke

This is a step by step guide on applying different rules to different market types with one keystroke
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18646

The keyboard shortcuts are processed in order so you could combine the two above and do everything with the push of one key

If you get stuck on a specific part just post back
Arbubu

I'm having difficulty selecting particular markets in Guardian in order to apply their automation rules. For instance one market that I want to select is UK - "Next General Election - When will Next General Election be held". How would I select that?
Dallas

Arbubu wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:20 pm
I'm having difficulty selecting particular markets in Guardian in order to apply their automation rules. For instance one market that I want to select is UK - "Next General Election - When will Next General Election be held". How would I select that?
There is a ready-made filter for UK political markets you can download from the shared market filter section
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18763

Also, its best to post new question/unrelated questions in a new topic, a lot of people may miss it otherwise if you add it to the end of an existing one
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838
Arbubu

OK, if I hadn't told you which market it was, just that I wanted to have a different automation rule for a particular market, would that have been an unrelated question?

Return to “Suggestions”