Make BetAngel Simple to Use

Help improve Bet Angel.
johnsheppard

Nobodies gonna buy that keyboard...there's no shift key... talk about over engineering...
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 pm
How would I set up shortcut keys or can you only click on the Profit or Loss buttons with a mouse?
Well that's a silly question, no need to set up any shortcuts, you could just press the Profit button on your trading keyboard of course.

But where is the loss key???
Do you have a link or directions?
greenmark

Jukebox wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Thanks Kai - but I like to trade while I'm at work - will I be able to set the profit button to press automatically while I'm out?
:lol:
CallumPerry

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:38 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 pm
How would I set up shortcut keys or can you only click on the Profit or Loss buttons with a mouse?
Well that's a silly question, no need to set up any shortcuts, you could just press the Profit button on your trading keyboard of course.

Ffs, Dallas. Have you even read the manual? Please don't ask stupid questions on this forum, I will kindly ask you not to waste our time.
Jukebox

I think Dallas is just a stalker!
greenmark

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 pm
JustLukeYou wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 pm

I am not 'slagging it off'. I am suggesting it should be easier to use so that it can attract more customers and make more money. After all, BetAngel is a business, the purpose of a business is to make as money profit as possible.
Bet Angel wasn't started to make money (unlike all other commercial trading software) it was born out of the needs of Peter Webb who wanted to trade markets in ways not possible using BF alone so he created his own software to do it for him. Ever since its been commercially avaliable all money from subscriptions get ploughed straight back into further development and support.
I think I'd be right in saying Peter will earn more from 2-3 markets on a Monday in winter than he will get from the software all month.

Luke what your asking for is incredibly simple and not even a snow flake on top of the tip of an iceberg that Bet Angel is capable of.
You've been given links to direct instructions (to save 5mins of reading the relevant user guide page) and even had the whole rules file given to you leaving you with just the task of deleting out the arbitrary value already there and replacing it with your own.

Short of someone coming to your house pointing the cursor in the box pressing the delete key to remove the example value and typing in the one you want to use I don't see how the basic task you want to do can be further simplified.
Luke, that's the closest in 2 years I've seen Dallas get to admonishment of a poster.
Go away and come back with a specific question about BA. Like 99.9% of other contributors do.
You will be welcomed and supported.
Kai

Jukebox wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Thanks Kai - but I like to trade while I'm at work - will I be able to set the profit button to press automatically while I'm out?
Well I'm not a software developer, I'm just an ideas man. But great question and the answer is yes, once you press the Profit button the software should take care of the rest, you should be able to go afk and even turn off the computer and then later come home to big profits.
Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:38 pm
It's on the other side of the keyboard Dallas because I don't want to end up on the fat finger thread, besides I rarely press it because I am a profitable trader after all.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Short of someone coming to your house pointing the cursor in the box pressing the delete key to remove the example value and typing in the one you want to use...
You could use Remote Desktop for that. ;)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:53 pm
Dallas wrote:
Short of someone coming to your house pointing the cursor in the box pressing the delete key to remove the example value and typing in the one you want to use...
You could use Remote Desktop for that. ;)
Or Teamviewer....or a very, very long stick. Although Luke could be next door .... erm!!
Derek27

Luke, what about your five friends who you'd recommend BA to if you could get it to work?

One of those five people must be able to do a simple task that only requires editing a baf file, and then your problem's solved. :D
Kafkaesque

JustLukeYou wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm
Simple things are popular.

BetAngel is very sophisticated and it can be used to set up many different automated rules but it is also far to complicated. Sports trading is a fraction of the gambling industry and virtually none-existent in America. The reason is that conventional trading is so simple and easy to perform. I can place a bet on Bet365 and quickly set the amount I want it to trade out at. With BetAngel I have spend two weeks trying to set up a rule. For sports trading to go mainstream and BetAngel to attract more customers it needs to be quick and simple to use.
This is the case, because 99.9% of Bet365's customers are dummies. The remaining 0.01% is just the ones who they haven't gotten around to outright throwing out the door, or limiting to a max stake of £0.05. They offer a simplistic product in their trade out/cash out, because they know it appeals to their clientel - ie. dummies - and they can allow themselves to (indirectly) charge a nosebleed premium for the privilige, because those using it can't see it. So for you to use that example just shows you to be, well you know....
JustLukeYou wrote:
If BetAngel was simple to use it would undoubtedly be more popular and attract more customers. People like simplicity. They don't want to spend two hours reading a manual.
Indeed, people do like simplicity. They like to buy a lottery ticket, hoping to hit that jackpot, so they can quit the job, they've somehow convinced themselves is what's wrong with their lives. Or pop down to the betting shop putting a tenner on Man City to win 5-0 at 20/1 when the true value is closer to 30/1 which they could have gotten on the exchange or at Pinnacle. And then when it hits once in blue moon, spend nearly all of it in a night down the pub, telling everyone what a genius football expert they are. Which is fine. Not knocking it. Just saying that nearly no one wants to grind it out using that tenner instead to earn a small percentage again and again and again. It's just not as much fun.

There are plenty of simple ways to use Bet Angel. Or I would have thought so. If it's taken you weeks with no succes in even setting up, maybe it's just not for you. That's as simple and plain advice as you're gonna get. Bet Angel is only as complicated as you want to make it. But it does take grit to stick with it, whichever level of complication you attempt and/or your approach requires. Trading and Bet Angel will never be mainstream, because most just cannot be arsed.

A simple piece of software will not make (profitable) trading simple. So any new customers will be short term ones. Even if the software is simplified it's not for most, and any effort from the team should be to make the complicated stuff more intuitive to use, and yes to make even more complicated functions. It should not, and I'm sure will not, be simplified because you're having a bit of a hissy fit, because you're incapable of putting the pieces together.
Derek27

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 am
If it's taken you weeks with no succes in even setting up, maybe it's just not for you.
That hits the nail on the head (I doubt he'll have the time to read your post with the length that it is - he'll be busy packing boxes for eBay).

I once spend a whole day trying to adjust the brakes and gears on a bicycle before giving up and taking it to a bike mechanic. It's quite easy to get so obsessed with a job that you lose all rationality of the time it's going to take and whether it's cost-effective. Sadly, Luke (or Gareth, but I'm used to calling him Luke) is hell-bent on having an automated stop-loss to limit his losses at 20% but ignores the advice several people have given him, that when a goal's scored 20% won't cover him. If he ever gets the stop-loss automation he desires, a year from now, he'll still be posting questions about how to modify it to lose 30% instead of a potential 100%, and being the helpful souls (or suckers) that we are on this forum we'll still be helping. :)
Euler

Looks like we need to bring forward that make a million button that's been in development for the last 20 years. A predictable end I think?
ShaunWhite

JustLukeYou wrote:
Yet strangely you aren't.

You have no experience in trading, you have no experience in software and all of your business ideas have failed. In what way do you feel qualified to comment on the business of trading software? If you had it your way we'd all have one of these...
84214_ml.jpg
Which actually isn't far from this tbf :D .....
CC00CEL_212885_800x800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:51 am
JustLukeYou wrote:
Yet strangely you aren't.

You have no experience in trading, you have no experience in software and all of your business ideas have failed. In what way do you feel qualified to comment on the business of trading software? If you had it your way we'd all have one of these...
84214_ml.jpg
I always knew trading was all about doing A,B or C to achieve 1,2 or 3 - looks a top product Shaun.

Return to “Suggestions”