Suggestion - Guardian Automation

Help improve Bet Angel.
PeterLe

Morning
Just a thought...
I was just setting up and modifying a rule for a friend.

In this rule there are probably 40+ lines that reference a fill/kill time that need changing and numerous other lines. All in all, a good few hours work to change it as I want to.

Are there any plans in future betangel revisions to include variables? ie you could set a variable"Fill_Kill_Time" = 2 within guardian automation *Maybe a new tab called "Variables")
and then reference that variable in the global settings of the Parameters tab. That way you just change the variable value once and it is taken in to account for all rules.

Surely it would save people lots of time editing?
Thanks for considering
regards
Peter
sa7med

PeterLe wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:32 am
Morning
Just a thought...
I was just setting up and modifying a rule for a friend.

In this rule there are probably 40+ lines that reference a fill/kill time that need changing and numerous other lines. All in all, a good few hours work to change it as I want to.

Are there any plans in future betangel revisions to include variables? ie you could set a variable"Fill_Kill_Time" = 2 within guardian automation *Maybe a new tab called "Variables")
and then reference that variable in the global settings of the Parameters tab. That way you just change the variable value once and it is taken in to account for all rules.

Surely it would save people lots of time editing?
Thanks for considering
regards
Peter
+1 although I think you can do a find and replace in notepad?
sniffer66

+1 as well from me.

Though I tend to set as many variables as I can using a run once SV at the top of my conditions, SV's aren't always selectable for every condition. Being able to use an SV as a bet amount was a good start. Better if we can use them for everything.
PeterLe

Thanks for the reply folks.
Im a little rusty with creating these automation files, so perhaps there is a way using SV's?
It would be nice to know the road map for automation
Thanks
Regards
Peter
sniffer66

PeterLe wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:09 am
Thanks for the reply folks.
Im a little rusty with creating these automation files, so perhaps there is a way using SV's?
It would be nice to know the road map for automation
Thanks
Regards
Peter
I'd say I'm using SV's for constants and variables at the moment. Constants like stake amount where I'll set once at the top of the automation and variables like current back price or where the back bet was placed. Like I said though, it's slightly frustrating when you can only address those in a few condition types, not all.

There is a suggestion in place at the moment to pull variables\SV values in from a cell reference in an attached spreadsheet. For me, this would be ideal as you could then leverage the power of Excel or any scripting language to populate those cells, from multiple sources. Would make Guardian automation extremely powerful, in my opinion.

Return to “Suggestions”