Advanced Charts

Help improve Bet Angel.
malgilb

I contacted Support to ask whether there is any training or videos covering Advanced Charts with regards to how to read them.
I was advised to mention it in the forum as if there is enough interest in them Peter may make a video on them.
Please reply to this post if you are the same as me and looking for more training than is available at present.
Emmson

Here is a 32 minute video on advanced charts that might help, for myself advanced charts have never won (or lost) me a fiver in any market ever. Betfair graph is vital to me though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvlB080Mteg
malgilb

Thank you but this is one of the videos I have watched a number of times. There has to be something in them as they are so frequently used in the financial world and Peter thinks highly of them.
Archery1969

I watched that video and while the advanced charting is interesting, it was more interesting what was going on with the selection Jam Jar.

You could forsee which way the odds were going as money was removed from one side or the other. I dont mean the monies at the front as that could have been money being matched but if you look at 2nd Best Back / Lay and 3rd Best Back / Lay.

Whatch it several times and i guarantee anyone could have made money on that selection/market....
ShaunWhite

malgilb wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:04 pm
Thank you but this is one of the videos I have watched a number of times. There has to be something in them as they are so frequently used in the financial world and Peter thinks highly of them.
The financial world has got very little to do with sports markets. The first difference is the interconnectivity of the selections ie if one goes up then something goes down unlike financials where everything can rise or fall in unison. The other main difference is sports markets expire in a few minutes but financials, even futures and options are much longer in duration. And then there's the issue that horses or teams have no underlying intrinsic value unlike a stock so there aren't the same checks and balances or shock absorbing effect. There's definatly far more differences than similarities.

It's also worth remembering that simplistic indicators in financials don't even work and even when used in pairs (or more) tend to support fundamentals rather than predict price changes.

They're interesting to a point but as Emmson says they're usefulness is overrated.
malgilb

Anyone out there can let me know where to learn about Advanced Charting. Peter does loads of videos featuring them but I need to learn what they are showing and how to read them. New to this and willing to learn but am losing money as I don't understand what I am doing.
ShaunWhite

malgilb wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:23 pm
Anyone out there can let me know where to learn about Advanced Charting. Peter does loads of videos featuring them but I need to learn what they are showing and how to read them. New to this and willing to learn but am losing money as I don't understand what I am doing.
If you want to understand the terminology and what they might show then take a look at Investopedia. Maybe start by looking at terms like MACD or Bollinger Bands or any of the other chart types available in BA.
Diacritical Quark

malgilb wrote:
If you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't be risking money really I don't think. You should either be using practice mode or paper trading.

I'm not saying you should only use real money once you think you're profitable as I'd say most people that trade for a living started off in the hole to begin with through testing things out but, "I don't know what I'm doing" is very different from knowing what you're doing and trying to find something that works and losing.
Trader Pat

malgilb wrote:
If you're losing money then you're focusing on the wrong thing, forget advanced charts and concentrate on the ladder.

Advanced charts are more a tool to help you maximise profits rather than to help you avoid losses.
malgilb

Thank you very much for your reply.
When I say I am losing money I am not using large stacks.
I'm okay with all the other training that Peter has supplied it's just that I am finding it difficult to identify entry and exit points.
I'm looking at using Advanced Charts as another tool in trying to do this.
Peter works so hard to teach us on how to be successful at trading and just think a few videos going into more depth about these charts would be a great help to me and possibly others.
Trader Pat

malgilb wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:37 pm
Thank you very much for your reply.
When I say I am losing money I am not using large stacks.
I'm okay with all the other training that Peter has supplied it's just that I am finding it difficult to identify entry and exit points.
I'm looking at using Advanced Charts as another tool in trying to do this.
Peter works so hard to teach us on how to be successful at trading and just think a few videos going into more depth about these charts would be a great help to me and possibly others.
The advanced charting is an important tool but it can be easy to spend too much time looking at charts and not enough time on the ladder. The ladder is the most important point of reference and is where you should be looking the vast majority of the time. If your new to trading I'd go as far to say forget about advanced charting for now and watch the ladder to see how price movements on one runner affects the others. After a while things start to click and make sense then you can bring the advanced charting into play to watch for large orders, weight of money changes over time etc...

Think of it like driving a car, it's important to look in the mirrors but 95% + of your time should be spent looking at the road ahead.

Return to “Suggestions”