Time since bet placed

Help improve Bet Angel.
gazuty

Looking in Gaurdian to apply a condition such as "time since bet placed in market" condition.

There is a condition based on time since market contained a fill or kill bet. I guess I could increment a stored value etc at the time of bet placement and then use a condition based of time since stored value changed - but was hoping for a direct cut through.
rik

+1
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:36 am
Looking in Gaurdian to apply a condition such as "time since bet placed in market" condition.

There is a condition based on time since market contained a fill or kill bet. I guess I could increment a stored value etc at the time of bet placement and then use a condition based of time since stored value changed - but was hoping for a direct cut through.
How about setting an SV to 1 when the bet is placed, and then have a rule that increments that SV every second if it's >0.
Basically having a timer that only increments once it's been nudged up from 0 to 1 by an action.
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:57 am
gazuty wrote:

How about setting an SV to 1 when the bet is placed, and then have a rule that increments that SV every second if it's >0.
Basically having a timer that only increments once it's been nudged up from 0 to 1 by an action.
Thanks good suggestion, and I think that can work for sure.

Editing.

So thinking about it further, I guess I would use signals. I would increment the signal each time a rule that places a bet is triggered. I would then use the "Signal Changed Condition" and use my time in the seconds between part of that condition.

But I am still hoping for Guardian to be developed in the future to have a condition for "time since bet placed in market" as this is a much simpler way rather than incrementing signals and having another rule based of the changed signal.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 am
Editing.

So thinking about it further, I guess I would use signals. I would increment the signal each time a rule that places a bet is triggered. I would then use the "Signal Changed Condition" and use my time in the seconds between part of that condition.

But I am still hoping for Guardian to be developed in the future to have a condition for "time since bet placed in market" as this is a much simpler way rather than incrementing signals and having another rule based of the changed signal.
I'll take you word for it, I don't use Guardian. It was just a hunch based on when I've read.
sa7med

gazuty wrote:

Not sure if this works for you but you could look into unmatched time condition as well
sniffer66

I've found the simplest way to do any time based conditions are to use a Signal Changed Condition

Set a signal when you place the bet, then in your following condition use the above with a time between x and y when signal changed.

It also ties it to a specific action, so you can have multiple signals with different time conditions if required. As opposed to time since a bet was placed, when that could be any bet

Edit: just seen you've come to that conclusion. I shouldnt post before my first coffee :)

Return to “Suggestions”