Address Historical values in a list by sample interval

Help improve Bet Angel.
sniffer66

This a suggestion applicable to tennis (and possibly applicable to other sports).

Can we please have the ability to address values in Historical lists by entry number rather than just time ?
At the moment we are restricted to x seconds\mins ago and I'd like to be able to address by the value entered x entries ago.

For example, I'm using the statistics I posted in the BAF here to compare service stats (amongst others)

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=21108

I'm only generating the stats and history list entry after each game and want to compare the stats service game by game, last game compared to overall or possibly set by set.
Using time is possible but guesswork is involved. If I could address entry x I know I'd be hitting the correct list entry each time

Currently I'm comparing values between current and x minutes ago to see if there is a change but this would make it far easier
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 pm
This a suggestion applicable to tennis (and possibly applicable to other sports).

Can we please have the ability to address values in Historical lists by entry number rather than just time ?
At the moment we are restricted to x seconds\mins ago and I'd like to be able to address by the value entered x entries ago.

For example, I'm using the statistics I posted in the BAF here to compare service stats (amongst others)

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=21108

I'm only generating the stats and history list entry after each game and want to compare the stats service game by game, last game compared to overall or possibly set by set.
Using time is possible but guesswork is involved. If I could address entry x I know I'd be hitting the correct list entry each time

Currently I'm comparing values between current and x minutes ago to see if there is a change but this would make it far easier
i had a long think about this and can only really suggest (for now) an excel based approach. Excel would store the time of the key actions occuring and when required, would issue a global command (sending a stored value) to guardian containing the number of seconds elapsed since the previous key action. you could then use the value to dynamically plug into the [xxx] seconds ago placeholder which would effectively take you directly to the history list data in question (based on time)...

might work -flying blind as getting dogs ready for walk in rain, so not in front of pc.

[edit] if you could capture the CURRENT TIME into a SV in guardian, then maybe it would be even better, that way you could do all sorts of timebased calcs to get at historical lists/data -add that as a suggestion ;)
sniffer66

Thanks Jim

All roads are starting to lead to Excel. Definitely time to up my game and get on a course

Edit: Also had a futher think and I have the option to update the stats on every change of stat, as opposed to at the end of each game, using the new SV Changed functionality. Gives current data and makes the time based comparison a little more relevant
Original suggestion still stands though.

Return to “Suggestions”