Placing a bet at Betfair SP

Help improve Bet Angel.
firlandsfarm

I raised this suggestion in a thread I started under the Automation section before I became familiar with the placing of threads in the forum (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13577). There wasn't any comment from the BA team and limited response from forum members so I just let it go. But there has suddenly been interest and support so am posting this with the link to the original thread.

To simplify … can we have a means to add Bf BSP bets within BA. NOT "take SP", that's not the same. While it allows you to change your mind and cancel the taking of BSP it does not allow you to set odds limits as does the placing of a direct BSP bet on the Bf website and the stake with a 'take BSP' lay is adjusted by Bf to maintain the same liability. I sure I'm not alone in doing research at BSP so the only way to get a true mirroring of the research is to place the bet at BSP for the required stake. I am thinking of two commands …

BackAtBSP(minimum odds,[optional maximum odds])
LayAtBSP(maximum odds,[optional minimum odds])

The same as the Bf website once placed those bet could not be cancelled but the timing of their placement could be controlled in the General tab.
weemac

I suggested the bracketed optionals but on reflection I think it's impossible to achieve given the methodology behind creating the BFSP. It's done after the race has started.
firlandsfarm

You have half a point weemac! :) I liked your suggestion in the other thread so much that I didn't fully think it through. My apologies to all. But the other half of your idea is still good. Assuming the API allows the same access as the website there should be no problem stipulating minimum odds for a BSP back bet or maximum odds for a BSP lay bet. That's how Bf do it on their website. But you are right to say you cannot set a maximum for a back bet or a minimum for a lay bet. :(
sionascaig

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:57 pm
You have half a point weemac! :) I liked your suggestion in the other thread so much that I didn't fully think it through. My apologies to all. But the other half of your idea is still good. Assuming the API allows the same access as the website there should be no problem stipulating minimum odds for a BSP back bet or maximum odds for a BSP lay bet. That's how Bf do it on their website. But you are right to say you cannot set a maximum for a back bet or a minimum for a lay bet. :(
Just doing what the website can do is still a pretty good improvement imho )
Anbell

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:00 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:57 pm
Just doing what the website can do is still a pretty good improvement imho )
+1
sniffer66

+1
Anbell

+2

Return to “Suggestions”