Bet Angel future Enhancements

Help improve Bet Angel.
floyd

I dont know about anyone else. I think it would be ideal if The Bet Angel team could post a list of the enhancements they are currently developing. Rather than
being nagged for additions that they are already working on?

A reply from the Development team about forum suggestions would be nice every now and then :-)

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Greetings, we just set up this account so we can participate in the forum. We still haven't officially launched it just yet, the forum and new version of the software.

This alias will be used by a number of us to communicate so think of it as a 'team' address. You could be talking to or getting a response from anybody over here.

The latest release is designed to roll out a new set of code. It is about three times the size of previous editions so the only dramatic change you see in the new release is the Guardian multi market functionality. Lots of new code exists in there but we wanted to launch the new code in an sensitive way so we didn't ruin any experiance of the main trading areas while still being able to make sure the new code doesn't upset anything.

With regard to suggestions post up any you have as we want the forum to guide future development. Till now nobody has really emailed us much on the one click stop loss yet this is obviously popular. We can do lots but we don't have unlimited resources so we are looking to the community to steer us as to what is important and what you would like us to release next. We always have lots of things bubbling in the background.
andyfuller

As I have quite a few suggestions I will break them up into a few posts over a few days. I am not giving them in any particular preference or order. They are things I would like to see added/changed yet others perhaps would not want to see added/changed. Likewise Bet Angel may not see a need for these things , I just put them forward in an attempt to make a good product better.

1. A matched bet box either under each ladder or down the right in the ‘dead’ space.

2. The ability to right click stop loss on the main ladder interface.

3. Remove the ladder preferences such as Ladder Style, Highlight traded odds, show full market depth etc. and place them in the rules tab, this would free up space in the ladder interface for either matched bet boxes or a bigger ladder.

4. Tabbed staking – similar to how you have tabbed pages on Firefox and IE. I personally switch from liquid markets to quiet markets quite often and therefore have to adjust the stake boxes each time I switch. I think having a tab for say ‘Dogs’ and one for ‘Horses’ would be a handy feature. Being able to rename the tabs as you wish.

5. A centre button for all three ladders so you just click the one button and it centres all ladders.

6. Offset centering. At present when you centre ladders it is done with an equal number of back boxes and lay boxes either side of the centre point. I prefer to have the ‘centre’ point higher up so for example I have 10 back boxes and 20 lay boxes. This being user defined would be handy to suite individual needs.

7. Make the Matched Bets window resizable in terms of being able to adjust the size of the Lay section and Back section individually.

8. Make windows have a memory of where they opened last time. I use 4 screens and the each time I open a Price & Volume Chart I have to move it to where I want it on my bottom right screen, the advanced charting windows are better in remembering where they were last opened but for example don’t always remember that the advanced price chart for Ladder 1 always opens at the top left of screen 4. (Hope you understand this one).

9. Be able to remember the settings on the Price & Volume Charts, for example I always have them Auto refreshing every 10 seconds but have to set this on each individual Price & Volume Chart I open.

10. Make the Price & Volume Chart resizable.

11. Have the horses saddle cloth numbers appear next to their name.

12. Have in brackets the horses stall number next to the horses name.

13. Have your Balance auto refreshing every ‘x’ seconds.

14. Show the amount matched on each individual runner in One Click and Ladder interfaces.

15. Have the over round visible on the Ladder Interface.

16. Include in the Race description the Channel the race is on, ATR or RUK.

17. Have a preset option so that the stake selected when switching to a market is £xxx depending on what the current Back price is, or lay price, or middle price. So for example if the odds are below 2.0 the stake £1,000 is selected when you switch to the market, if it is between 2.02 and 3.0 it is £500 etc etc.

18. Remember to keep the greening options checked on the various sections such as One Click and Trading Profit Calculator.

What do people think to the above?
silvermark

Great ideas andyfuller.
Max

andyfuller wrote:As I have quite a few suggestions I will break them up into a few posts over a few days. I am not giving them in any particular preference or order. They are things I would like to see added/changed yet others perhaps would not want to see added/changed. Likewise Bet Angel may not see a need for these things , I just put them forward in an attempt to make a good product better.

1. A matched bet box either under each ladder or down the right in the ‘dead’ space.

2. The ability to right click stop loss on the main ladder interface.

3. Remove the ladder preferences such as Ladder Style, Highlight traded odds, show full market depth etc. and place them in the rules tab, this would free up space in the ladder interface for either matched bet boxes or a bigger ladder.

4. Tabbed staking – similar to how you have tabbed pages on Firefox and IE. I personally switch from liquid markets to quiet markets quite often and therefore have to adjust the stake boxes each time I switch. I think having a tab for say ‘Dogs’ and one for ‘Horses’ would be a handy feature. Being able to rename the tabs as you wish.

5. A centre button for all three ladders so you just click the one button and it centres all ladders.

6. Offset centering. At present when you centre ladders it is done with an equal number of back boxes and lay boxes either side of the centre point. I prefer to have the ‘centre’ point higher up so for example I have 10 back boxes and 20 lay boxes. This being user defined would be handy to suite individual needs.

7. Make the Matched Bets window resizable in terms of being able to adjust the size of the Lay section and Back section individually.

8. Make windows have a memory of where they opened last time. I use 4 screens and the each time I open a Price & Volume Chart I have to move it to where I want it on my bottom right screen, the advanced charting windows are better in remembering where they were last opened but for example don’t always remember that the advanced price chart for Ladder 1 always opens at the top left of screen 4. (Hope you understand this one).

9. Be able to remember the settings on the Price & Volume Charts, for example I always have them Auto refreshing every 10 seconds but have to set this on each individual Price & Volume Chart I open.

11. Have the horses saddle cloth numbers appear next to their name.

12. Have in brackets the horses stall number next to the horses name.

13. Have your Balance auto refreshing every ‘x’ seconds.

14. Show the amount matched on each individual runner in One Click and Ladder interfaces.

15. Have the over round visible on the Ladder Interface.

16. Include in the Race description the Channel the race is on, ATR or RUK.

17. Have a preset option so that the stake selected when switching to a market is £xxx depending on what the current Back price is, or lay price, or middle price. So for example if the odds are below 2.0 the stake £1,000 is selected when you switch to the market, if it is between 2.02 and 3.0 it is £500 etc etc.

18. Remember to keep the greening options checked on the various sections such as One Click and Trading Profit Calculator.

What do people think to the above?

Excellent ideas! well thought out too.
Not knocking them at all, but Just a thought, Ask about a job in the development team :)
floyd

Hi Andy,

Some nice suggestions there!

I'm with you on suggestions numbers:

1,2,5 & 8

The rest aren't currently important to me.
Mike_IG

Nice Ideas Andy,

1,2,5,8,15 would be the ones I wouldn't mind having implemented at some point.
andyfuller

Perfect example there in the 17.40 why having Stall numbers as well would help massively. Commentator said the 'horse in stall 5 has reared up and is partly in stall 4'. By the time I had switched to the Betfair webpage to see the stall numbers the massive drift had already happened and I missed it. Anyone trading the horse without being aware of the stall numbers would have been in big trouble. Horse was withdrawn in the end but a clear example I think of why displaying stall numbers as well is needed.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Should be really simple to add. I'll prod the development team and see if there is any reason it hasn't been introduced yet.
andyfuller

Excellent stuff. I was thinking putting it in Brackes eg. (5) would make it easy to distinguish from the saddle cloth number.

Any chance of including the draw number and the saddle cloth number in the various drop down menus? The 'saddle cloth' numbers are in the drop down boxes for Greyhounds and USA horse races.
TraderGray

Some great ideas there and can I add...

It would be helpful for me to see the WOM% on both the Dutching and Bookmaking tabs.

Often it will influence my entry time.

Just a thought.
afropunk

andyfuller wrote:5. A centre button for all three ladders so you just click the one button and it centres all ladders.

Would very much like to see these additions if possible. Particualrly the memory in the position and settings of the Price & Volume Charts. Similar to the advanced charting (candlesticks) charts.

Great job on the updates so far, have found them to make Bet Angel even better, although it was pretty damn good before too!

8-)

Return to “Suggestions”