Suggestions

Help improve Bet Angel.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Please keep the suggestions coming and chat amongst yourself about which ones you would like and why. We can't always comment individually on each one, but popular suggestions we will obviously be looking to adopt.

We have to adopt new features in a sensitive manner, not only from the end users perspective but also from a coding perspective. We want to keep the platform as stable and reliable as possible. So please bear that in mind when waiting for new features. We don't don't to de-stabilise the product.

Based on the positive suggestions already we have immediately adopted two in the development edition. We hope to bring those two you in the near future. Don't expect us to react as quickly on all, it's just a useful coincidence that we were working in those areas already. We just bumped them up the list.
andyfuller

Good to hear.
floyd

Hi Betangel,

I'm hoping the initial two your working on are:

1. one click stop/trailing loss across 3 ladders?

2. Matched bets to right of 3 view ladder?

jimrobo

I would LOVE a button at the top of the ladder that, when pressed, cancels all unmatched bets on that particular selection.

The amount of times I have been caught by a huge volume spike on suspension and leaving my all green an all red just because there was a loose bet on a ladder I missed as it was off the bottom of the trading area.
hgodden

I like Jimrobos idea about having a cancel all feature on the ladder. How about the option of quickly pressing the ESC or SPACE bar to cancel all bets, would be even quicker than moving a mouse to the cancel all button and clicking
andyfuller

I agree about having a cancel all button on each ladder but would also like a cancel all button on each of the interfaces that cancel all orders. At present the Cancel All button is located on the Unmatched Bets tab which I don't find ideal.

With regards to the shortcuts I think it is essential to have it with Ctrl or Shift as well as the main key eg Spacebar. The reason being that I often have other applications open while trading that I am using the keyboard on. I can see people thinking they had clicked on say Excel but still were actually on Bet Angel pressed some button on the keyboard thinking they were entering something on excel but actually end up cancelling orders or something similar.

All shortcuts at present require Ctrl to be pressed as far as I know.
hmw

There is currently no indication in Excel if a trade is open (other than surmising it from the P/L), could a field be added to show if there was an unfilled offset/stop loss on a selection?

Also, is it possible to add a global CLOSE_ALL command in Excel? This would cancel all current offsets/stop losses, and close any open positions in the market

Finally, a timer on the sheet showing minutes to off-time so the above command can be issued before it's too late
Nero Tulip

Yes, Minutes to Off is a cracking idea !

Also, I believe they might be developing a more comprehensive unmatched / matched bets part of the spreadsheet soon. That's one to look forward to.
Squirtle

Surely this is easy in Excel?

You can extract the start time using something like this: -

=VALUE(MID(B1,(FIND(":",B1,8)-2),5))

You can then using some like =TODAY() to work out the current time and the difference to the start time?
TheTub

I came up with the following. It's a bit long winded and I'm sure there is a shorter way of doing it but it works for me.

First I strip the time from the event field:

=RIGHT(LEFT('Bet Angel'!B1,SEARCH(":",'Bet Angel'!B1,1)+2),5)

Which leaves us with something like "13:40"

Then I subtract the current time which has to be in the same format.

=CONCATENATE(HOUR(NOW()),":",MINUTE(NOW()),":",SECOND(NOW()))

You can put the whole lot in a single cell:

=RIGHT(LEFT('Bet Angel'!B1,SEARCH(":",'Bet Angel'!B1,1)+2),5)-CONCATENATE(HOUR(NOW()),":",MINUTE(NOW()),":",SECOND(NOW()))

You'll need to format the cell as time.
Last edited by TheTub on Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRiddler

I'd like to see to simple inclusions in a new/updated software.
Firstly I'd like to be able to save chart size dimensions so the next time I load up the software my charts are the size I like them to be rather than having to resize them all. Handy if your trading from a laptop etc.
Secondly I'd like a button on the three ladder screen which would centre all three ladders simultaneously rather than having to click on the numbers of each ladder individually.
Thirdly being able to right click stop loss on the three ladder screen would be of use (as previously mentioned)
Last but by no means least, the ability to set your profit level at say £40 per race press the go button and bet angel does all the monotonous work for me. Now that would be magic!!
PS if the last request is too much to ask for then a clone of peter sent via special delivery would be welcome. This clone I could let leash upon betfair and betdaq in return for food and shelter, leaving me to enjoy the good things life has to offer.
afropunk

I second the mini-me Peter :mrgreen:
Matt

A betfair graph that I don't have to tick refresh and set to every 10 seconds everytime I open a new one.

Also could you make the graph so that if I run my mouse over it it could tell me what price the horse traded at at that particular point on the graph? Similar to soccer mystic.
andyfuller

I had that in my list mate - I waste so much time loading up the 3 price graphs each race, selecting autorefresh and 10 seconds, then positioning them in the correct place on my screen. Must spend over the course of a day half an hour or more doing this. Same goes for selecting Greening on the one click and Trading Profit Calculators. Hopefully this can all be added to your saved settings.
hmw

add all "soccer" fixtures (match odds) to bet guardian quick market tab

we don't just bet, sorry trade, on horses you know! :)

Return to “Suggestions”