Suggestions

Help improve Bet Angel.
TheTub

We are all wrong in some way. Me for not reading the question correctly and you guys for misunderstanding of the word 'liability'

Take Brents example (sorry Brent but you are wrong here) -
... if you have your liability set at 1000, and you are backing at 200-1, your liability is 5 dollars to lay, 1000 dollars to back. WTF? Do you really want to risk 200 times more backing the horse first than laying it?
'Liability' means risk. So your liability is not 5 dollars. It is 1000 dollars but the stake used is 5 dollars. So your risk (liability) is the same as the back side, 1000 dollars. You are not risking 200 times more. You are risking the same.

The liability staking can be set in the rules tab to apply to lay and back stakes or just the lay side only. Which is what I thought was being asked.

If you want the same stake on both sides then this is not liability staking. You are after other auto staking option - tick size. Here the stakes will stay the same on both the back and lay side of the book but automatically adjust themselves as the prices change.
Brent

TheTub wrote:We are all wrong in some way. Me for not reading the question correctly and you guys for misunderstanding of the word 'liability'

Take Brents example (sorry Brent but you are wrong here) -
... if you have your liability set at 1000, and you are backing at 200-1, your liability is 5 dollars to lay, 1000 dollars to back. WTF? Do you really want to risk 200 times more backing the horse first than laying it?
'Liability' means risk. So your liability is not 5 dollars. It is 1000 dollars but the stake used is 5 dollars. So your risk (liability) is the same as the back side, 1000 dollars. You are not risking 200 times more. You are risking the same.

The liability staking can be set in the rules tab to apply to lay and back stakes or just the lay side only. Which is what I thought was being asked.

If you want the same stake on both sides then this is not liability staking. You are after other auto staking option - tick size. Here the stakes will stay the same on both the back and lay side of the book but automatically adjust themselves as the prices change.
Maybe I worded it wrong, but that doesn't make what I said wrong. Your liability stake at 200-1 would be 5 dollars. Giving you a liability of 1000.
The 1000 liability back at opposing odds, of 1000 @ 200-1, needs a countering 1000 dollar lay, at 200-1, or 200,000 liability.
Either way you word it, you are risking your odds * liability setting, extra on a back, than a lay. It is all proportional.

And no,
THAT IS NOT WHAT IS WANTED.
Maybe I will slow things down for you, although not sure why, as it has been spelt out already, and you clearly aren't prepared to put the time in to read it.

But, anyway, here it is again.
Tick sizes is no good. That has nothing to do with liability. Here, you are staking the same at 3.05, as you are at 3.95. You are staking the same at 1.10 as you are at 1.99. That has nothing to do with liability.

Here, really slow for you. What is wanted. You set your liability. Here, we can call it liabilitySetting.
Formula should be.
Back.
liabilitySetting/(bestBackOdds-1).

Lay.
liabilitySetting/(bestLayOdds-1)

But it shouldn't even be set like that, that should be just the advisory prices. The actual bet that is put on, should be liabilitySetting/(requestedOdds-1).

This is the purest form of liability that you can have. The same opposing liability, whether you back or lay.
Here. I will even give you an example.
You have your liability setting (you will remember we called that liabilitySetting) set at 1000.
Odds of a horse trading at around 2.50.

You back the horse, succesfully, as it is on its way down.
You enter your back bet, at 2.50. The program recognises you wish the liability of the bet, 1000, to be represented by the bet size. It will place a bet for you as liabilitySetting(1000)/(oddsRequested-1)(1.5)
or 1000/1.5, or, for the people not even reading this, 666.67 dollar bet placed, at 2.5.

Without changing anything, you follow the horse as it comes into 2.2.
You now wish to lay the horse. With a simple click of the button, you lay at 2.2. The system recognises, that you wish your lay bet to be representative of a 1000 liability. It places the bet, 1000/1.2, or 833.33 at 2.2.
Or, if you wished to back it again still coming in, it would place the same 833.33 bet at 2.20 on the back size. Because the bet, is an actual representative of the requested liability.

I can't see why this wouldn't be a much better system than what is in place right now.
Right now, I use the liability option. But I have to change the preset stakes EVERY race, because I am not prepared to bet for a much larger amount, than what I am prepared to lay for.
The only difference with it, would be instead of having a zero net on that runner, meaning a free bet for it to win, you would now have a free bet on it to lose, or if it won, you get your money back. I am sure it could even be tweaked further.

Not sure how other people think, but when I think liability of a bet, I always think of it in investment terms, and winning probabilities. The actual liability of your bet, must take into account its chance of returning you money, and how much you need to invest before you will return to 100%. At odds of 200-1, to have a 1000 liability, your stake must be 5 dollars, because it will take you 200 bets of 5 dollars (1000 liability) to return your 100% stake.
Whereas, if you bet 1000 @ 200-1, you are betting to a liability of 200,000, because it will take you 200,000 dollars worth of bets to return your initial stake.
Seems a bit silly somebody risking so much on a bet when they only wanted a 1000 liability.
Brent

The actual reason I came here though, was to post this suggestions.

Have an option to enter a time in, of the data you want recorded.
You could have the "full market depth" type information, for a specified time period. So if you set it at 10 seconds, you can see the total activity from the previous 10 seconds. All monies traded at what prices etc.
Dabbla

HI I have a few more suggestions for BA to take in to consideration

1. If I have a couple of graphs open via bet guardian ,Would it be possible to click on one of the graphs and it takes me to that market ? This is something I think would make navigation of BA a little quicker and easier.
2. Highlight the cancel button in the ladder tool (the ones above the ladder) if there are unmatched bet on that side of the book or if possible the amount of unmatched bets.
3. Rules and market info .
4. Cancel or reset offsets .

Lets say I put a lay in at 1.7 for £1000 with 5 tick offset with fill or kill. £500 of that gets taken then the market moves 7 ticks up. So I close that £500 that’s already been taken but I still want to keep the £500 lay at 1.70 in the queue. The problem is that I still have a £1000 offset.
So is possible to reset the £500 lay keeping the offset without losing my place in the queue or just cancel the offset altogether ?

I would just like to say that I agree with brent's suggestion for the way liability stakes should be calculated. I have added a screen shot of a couple of ideas you might like to experiment with. You would probably have to add some more staking options and I am not sure how easy it would to add this feature to the ladder but if you could it would be good. Also as said in brent's post you need to use these options with the requested price not as it is at the moment .

Thanks
[img][img=http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7137/balib.th.png][/img]
Nero Tulip

I have mentioned in the past that a binary staking method (and ladder for that matter) would be much simpler to use, i think this might solve the above issues mentioned.

Ie Win = 100. Lose = 0. You bet an amount per % point. So a £1 unit at evens (normally 2.0, but in this case 50) is a bet of £50 to win £50. The beauty of this system is that if you keep the staking set to the £1 unit, squaring off is extremely easy, you just bet the £1 unit in the other direction. eg, Price moves now to 80 (which is 1.25). You lay £1 unit (sell) at 80, leaving you square for 30 ticks (£30). It's simple and easy.
OTATS

For totally undisciplined traders like myself, I would like an automatic 'green up / red up' facility once the race goes in play.

This takes out the option of letting losing trades go in play and wiping out your entire bank.

It would be great if I knew that the moment a race jumped off the decision to gamble and let it run would be automatically taken from me. Automatic Redding and Greening would occur instantly.
Now I know that you can always turn the button off, but I'd still love it to be there!!
PeterLe

Hi
My daughter just incurred "massive" data excess charges...([732 Pound!!)it was her fault as she had two instances of Betangel running at 20/req per second. Genuine mistake
She was fortunate as Neil at Betfair refunded her the money.
Anyway my suggestion is that when you login to Betangel, if you already have an instance running, the login screen should prompt you with something like "..You are already logged in, do you wish to log in again??"
I know somepeople run two instances but set to 10 req/second, so the above would be the ideal I would have thought?
Anyway Betangel - Could you add this to the wish list for next version...? It might just save someone a lot of money
Regards
Peter
PS All credit to Neil at Betfair, they didnt have to credit this back...Thank you Neil
Brent

I would like the market rules added in somewhere. I hate the Betfair website, but I have to have it open, to check the rules of the market I am playing. Would be ok if I only ever did the same markets, but I am not against looking into different things.

And I also agree that it would be good if a warning came up if you were already logged in. Just a warning though, would still want to be able to open it.
Brent

Nero Tulip wrote:I have mentioned in the past that a binary staking method (and ladder for that matter) would be much simpler to use, i think this might solve the above issues mentioned.

Ie Win = 100. Lose = 0. You bet an amount per % point. So a £1 unit at evens (normally 2.0, but in this case 50) is a bet of £50 to win £50. The beauty of this system is that if you keep the staking set to the £1 unit, squaring off is extremely easy, you just bet the £1 unit in the other direction. eg, Price moves now to 80 (which is 1.25). You lay £1 unit (sell) at 80, leaving you square for 30 ticks (£30). It's simple and easy.
Yes. Gee I miss Binary. I would still prefer the prices in decimal terms, but would prefer the binary betting system. Have options to have binary or decimal odds, and have options to have binary, liability, or tick size staking. Would be perfect.
For traders, prices don't matter. Is the ultimate trading functionality. Click, click, green. I know it is possible here too with 2 clicks, but this takes out the hedge requirement.
For others, that like the decimal odds as they are more racing appropriate, they could still view them that way.
Can we do it? Please? :)
LeTiss

I'm no computer expert, so my suggestion might be impossible to implement. I love being able to sort my Guardian shortlist through a range of headers and options, but it would be brilliant if another line was added - money matched so far. It's easier to trade on the markets with most liquidity, so being able to sort the list according to the amount of money matched would be fantastic.
gutuami

Hi to all
whenever you install a new version of BA the charts settings and their names are not saved...
silvermark

Don't know if this has been suggested yet, but the Take SP function on connection mode 9 would be very appreciated. It is a hybrid mode after all.
alipali

On my wish list I would like to be able to use the Margin Maker on more than 1 selection when using the Dutching and Bookmaking tabs
andyfuller

Peter talks about new additions to the latest version in his blog post today - any chance of giving us an idea of when it will be available?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Silvermark, use mode 13 instead.

Return to “Suggestions”