Green up buttons

Help improve Bet Angel.
finnbarr99

Ive been trading in play recently on the horses, backing before the off and laying in running. I use the one click interface for this with the market overview to watch the odds, and Ive run up against a problem a few times. With BA's current configuration there is a check box which, when clicking the green up button, will either green up on the horse or green up across the book.

If my selection has the potential to win I want to green up only on the horse to secure a free bet.

If my selection is in a profitable position but unlikely to win I want to green up across the book and hedge some profit.

If its out of contention I want to trade out across the book as quickly as possible to reduce any losses.

For in play trading, the one click interface isnt one click if you have to switch the check box on/off. Trading in general and in play especially is a game of fastest fingers first. A few times Ive been tripped up either by the check box being on when I want a free bet or it being off when I want to hedge the book. The former can reduce profits while the latter increases losses.

Yesterday I predicted 16 winners from 36 races and had a fair number of 2nds, 3rds and 4ths etc. I made a profit on the day but my calculations show it could have been more than double the amount if I hadnt been caught out by the check box setting.

Can you add an additional green up button to the interface; one for the selection and one for the book? Or if changing the one click interface is out of the question, could you add an inplay interface based on the one click with this feature installed.

I was also wondering if its possible to limit the runners displayed to make the screen less busy, or grey them out and disable the buttons perhaps. I only trade one selection at a time at the moment and removing all superfluous data would be very handy and help to stop me from hitting the wrong buttons.

Doing some research on the net and elsewhere I've discovered that a lot of inplay traders use other software software. Some of them have migrated there from Bet Angel and wouldnt go back apparently. Ive not used it myself so I dont know why theyd think that but could the BA team incorporate any features from that software and perhaps win some customers back for themselves while improving the P&L's of the inplay traders.

Has anyone else got any ideas that would assist in play?
Brent

Am I missing something here? You only trade 1 runner at a time, and you want the option to either hedge the field, or have a free bet? What exactly am I missing?
Must be something, because it is quite easy for you to do what you describe using the ladder. Right?

Not only does it do everything you want, but you will also increase your profits further, by taking the odds you want, rather than the odds available at the particular time you press the button.

Select your runner. Select the net stake. If you want a free bet, click the back/lay at the price you want, or if you want it hedged across the field, then click next to the ladder on the green up function.
finnbarr99

I hadnt used the ladder for inplay. I discounted using it as the odds leap about so much they often disappear off the screen and the display is quite busy. What with keeping an eye on the race and the market overview, I just want to hit a button to close at the right time in the right way while I get the hang of reading a race, rather than searching around the screen to find the right bit to click. Nice and simple.

I'll give the ladder a whirl and see how I get on with it. Thanks for your advice Brent. Ive read a number of your posts, of which there are many, and always think you make valid and/or interesting points. I have some advice for you and its meant to be constructive. I often note that the tone of your writing, on the face of it, can be quite aggressive, dismissive and condescending. Perhaps its unintentional, I dont know. I cant remember the exact percentages but something like 90% of communication is non-verbal. On a web forum you only have the last 10% and that often gets misconstrued if the wording is open to interpretation, so perhaps its me and apologies if it is. But perhaps not. You could of written your post without the "Am I missing something?" comments which gives the impression that you are taking a superior attitude. Food for thought.

Return to “Suggestions”