Full Market View in Excel

Help improve Bet Angel.
ravroy

At the moment the data for full market view is not transferred to excel (I believe there is currently no excel template for this). I do think, however, that quite a number of scenerios/strategies can be experimented with, using this data, and that excel would be an excellent tool to use to this end. Have Bet Angel any intention of incorporating this? Does anyone else think this would be a good idea? Thanks.

Rav :idea:
finnbarr99

Great idea. :idea:

If there was a market on Betfair for it making its way into BetAngel Id be laying it. :lol:
ravroy

Cheers Finbarr,

So I take it this "suggestions" topic is all about show with no substance ? :oops:
finnbarr99

No, not at all, you misunderstand me. Im sure the BA team will endeavour to integrate good ideas into their product where practical, they have to keep us happy after all. The customer is always right.

What I meant was, if you want to record oddslines you'll have to do it yourself. I suggest you read through some of the other posts on the forum, plenty of people have asked a similar question, myself included. Its a BF thing, not BA. BF sell historical oddslines (like they dont make enough already) so Id say the chance of them allowing a similar function bundled in the API is slim to snowball-in-hell. :twisted:

You'll need to teach yourself some VBA for XL. I can recommend some books and point you in the right direction if you're interested. PM me tho, Ive said too much as it is and the BF Thought Police will be dragging me off to Room 101 before I know it. :shock:
MarketTrader

I'm fairly sure incorporating a full market view over to Excel will be impossible and undesirable.

There are 325 different prices from 1.01, 1.02 an so on up to 1000.

In a market with say just ten runners that 3250 cells of data.

If you start looking at golf, tennis tournaments and so on you could be looking at fields of 100 possible winners. That's 32,500 cells of data that would have to be populated once a second or however fast you have it set.

It would be impossible to organise such amounts of data and undesirable due to the strain it would put any system under.

I don't think you'll ever see this in any software.
finnbarr99

MarketTrader,
It would be impossible to organise such amounts of data and undesirable due to the strain it would put any system under.
You seem very certain of your position. Would you like to bet on it? Name your price. What odds will you lay it off to me at? 1,000/1 seems like a very reasonable price for such an improbable event to me, or would you be prepared to go higher than that? :D

I'll have a cheeky pony on it at those odds. Are you good for 25 large? :lol:
MarketTrader

finnbarr99 wrote:MarketTrader,

You seem very certain of your position. Would you like to bet on it? Name your price. What odds will you lay it off to me at? 1,000/1 seems like a very reasonable price for such an improbable event to me, or would you be prepared to go higher than that? :D

I'll have a cheeky pony on it at those odds. Are you good for 25 large? :lol:
I'm not certain of anything. Having said that, I'm fairly certain you had probably been at the sauce when you typed this out though :lol:

I should have said 'in my opinion' it would be impossible to do. I guess it may be possible one day but IN MY OPINION I can't see how you would organise the data. Maybe you could create a template that shows where you would organise the data?
ravroy

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I may have been a little to general in my initial statement.

I would actually just like to analyse the one column of data relating to the favourite (for example) in each race. As you say, that would be 350 rows to look at. I am interested to see what effect,if any, monies placed out of the money has on price direction.

Thanks for your offer Finbarr. I have a VBA book that I have had my nose stuck into for a few days now ! I may well pm you at some stage for some pointers !

Return to “Suggestions”