Deeper control of refresh rates.

Help improve Bet Angel.
Nero Tulip

It would be very handy to be able to use the refreshing of the markets more efficiently. I often find myself with more than one BetAngel open, due to the altering off times of certain types of racing, I find it easier to do this, than miss out. The problem with this is, I have to lower the refresh rate on all my open applications so I don't go over the 20 limit, this causes me to miss out on opportunities in the markets I do trade.

I would love to see BetAngel have the ability to set parameters where it could change the refresh rate in relation to the off time. eg. when 300 seconds before off, refresh at 500ms otherwise, use 10seconds. This would be great from within an Excel linked sheet, but as that seems a stretch, perhaps you could add it to the Rules tab?
gutuami

I would suggest something else. When using advanced ladder we are trading only one horse. Can we have a refresh rate for that horse set at 200ms and for the others at 1sec. Thus improving the overall responsiveness. Not sure if this is achievable but just a thought.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Because we poll data from Betfair the refresh between different selections doesn't make a great deal of difference the data comes down in one chunk at the same rate on all selections.
Nero Tulip

Bet Angel wrote:Because we poll data from Betfair the refresh between different selections doesn't make a great deal of difference the data comes down in one chunk at the same rate on all selections.
..and what about the suggestion at the start of the thread before the one that distracted you :mrgreen: ?

I'm sure you can figure out, this relates to US horse racing mainly. It's not unusual for me to have 6-8 betangels open at the same time, running at 3 seconds refesh rate and limited too.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Not impossible. We are quietly working in the background on something special, but if we can pull it off it will take a bit of time to bring it to market. That would allow us a lot of flexability.

As it is we have a new release in the short term that will roll out some new UI code and then we can have a think about the next set of features and improvements.
Nero Tulip

Thanks for the reply. While we're at it, how about including this sort of flexibility into the guardian? It seems currently you either run one work sheet and have BA change market selection x seconds pre off, or open up a sheet via guardian and select which worksheets to do which races. But there's no cross over, which is another reason why I am having to be really inefficient in what I'm doing.

Ideally, I could open up a single sheet via guardian, select individual sheets for single meetings, and have these switch x seconds pre off, leaving guardian to manage the refresh rate.

Return to “Suggestions”