Double click mouse speed ignored

Help improve Bet Angel.
Seabird

I inadvertently finger twitched and placed a ladder bet twice by double clicking the mouse button. As I was trading in running of course it went wrong.

So I thought I'd fix it so that I can't double click inadvertently by setting the double click speed to its fastest setting. It works fine now, I can't open a file or an event with a double click as I can't click fast enough.

However, you can still double click a bet in on the ladder view, it just ignores the mouse speed.

Is that right? I think the guys at Bet Angel would have had to consciously program it to ignore an ordinary Windows function. So I'd be grateful for some comments from BA and if there is anything I can do about disabling double clicking from all parts of Bet Angel not just some parts.

Hope you can enlighten us.

Seabird
MarketTrader

Erm...

Isn't the ladder single click betting?

I thought that's what we are paying the money for - to place bets with a single click.

Not sure if you can disable this. I can't see anything in the rules tab or settings.
gutuami

try to change the mouse double click speed in the control panel > mouse ..
Seabird

Sorry, I'm not explaining myself well enough.

I already altered the mouse setting and it makes no difference in the ladder view.

We are of course paying for single click in the ladder view but what I am asking perhaps is can we have a setting which allows us to determine how many milliseconds we would like elapse before we repeat a click. It is very easy to double click when working fast as it is an action we all do frequently on many ordinary windows features.

Seabird
andyfuller

I get what you mean - I have also had that itchy mouse finger when you click twice when you meant once. I have seen elsewhere a setting that allows you to turn of the double click action so if you click twice it does nothing on the second click - I am not sure how long between the two clicks it has to be to be coutned as a double click but if you could define this yourself I am sure people would find it useful.

I personally wouldn't use it though as there are often occasions when I want to fire in multiple orders very quickly and this feature would stop me doing that. So I think if it is put in it would have to be done as an option.
Seabird

Andy, I agree it would have to be an option, because there are occasions when I would also want to be able to rapid fire orders in.

It would be excellent if we could have an option where we set up the number of milliseconds delay between successive mouse clicks on the ladder (or elsewhere) and a checkbox on the actual ladder interface to use or not to use the option setting.

Seabird

Return to “Suggestions”