cancel bets from excel

Help improve Bet Angel.
gutuami

Hi
is it possible to inplement a cancel command in Excell to be able to cancel a bet by bet refference number?

cheers
TheTub

No. The only command is CANCEL_ALL - which will do what it says on the tin.
gutuami

Cancel_all is not good when you have other open position
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are looking at unmatched bet handling, if you have any ideas on how this would be best implemented please give us some clues. Due to not wanting to upset the structure of the Excel sheets we would probably put it somewhere on the existing sheet along with all the other stuff. There may be some resource issues when implementing this so we will have to look at that when we get moving on it.
wamplerr

Hi,

I just started using Bet Angel and the missing cancel feature from excel was the first thing I noticed.

Here's my guess as a way to implement a CANCEL command, using columns J, K and L (like you would for a BACK or LAY).

Say you've entered the command BACK at odds of 3.5 for a stake of 10 quid.

Now if I want to cancel it, I should be able to clear J thru M, and type CANCEL, 3.5, 10 in J thru L.

If I had any other bets on that runner, they would stay alive, as I'm only telling it to cancel 10 quid's worth at 3.5.

What if I didn't have a bet at 3.5 and entered that command to CANCEL at 3.5? I get told "You have no unmatched bets at 3.5 to cancel"

What if I only staked 5 quid originally and now tried to cancel 10 quid? It should cancel all 5 quid. (This way if I didn't know how much money I had at 3.5, I could just say CANCEL at 3.5 for 99999 to make sure my entire stake got canceled at 3.5)

What if I staked 20 quid originally and now tried to cancel 10 quid? It should basically reduce my bet from 20 to 10.

Like I mentioned, this is all new to me so apologies if these things are impossible within the constraints of the API.

Return to “Suggestions”