Unmatched bet handling in Excel

Help improve Bet Angel.
TheTub

OK,

I thought I would kick this one off.

I would like to see the following:
  • 1 - Number of unmatched bets by runner. The new spreadsheet gives us the total number of unmatched bets but how about a flag or count in say column 'T'?
  • 2 - Greening options. Something to invoke the routine in Bet Angel that kicks in when the greening column is clicked. I would recommend a new global command 'CLOSE_ALL: GREEN' or just 'CLOSE_ALL'.
  • 3 - A new individual command in addition to 'BACK' and 'LAY'. 'CLOSE WITH_GREENING:TRUE' would be very handy. It would need to cancel unmatched bets on the selection at the same time.
  • 4 - Cancel bet by reference number. This may be difficult to implement as it would mean either trying to record every single bet and identifying which one remains unmatched or a log of unmatched bets fed to excel which could cause resource issues. But if 1 above is implemented this one may not be required.
  • 5 - If any of the new close instructions result in a stake that is less than minimum then Bet Angel needs to handle this. When developing a sheet I use minimum stakes and trying to green from a spreadsheet is difficult with the minimum restriction.
PeterLe

Hi Tub
Some great ideas in there...
Particularly like number 2. There have been many times I have been using the spreadsheet in running only to see the green up (on the one click page) showing a three digit green up..!,
I have created a macro that puts a zero in the stake field to stop anymore bets being fired..which I click in running and then attempt to use the one click screen to green up...but I'm just not fast enough...
So maybe as a suggestion to your point two, it would be awesome to be able to set a preset for the green up figure (for example £75 ? or whatever) and when that condition is met for it to take over and place the bets automatically? (Does that make sense??!)
God I wish my VBA skills were better! (but I'm learning!!)
Regards
Peter

Return to “Suggestions”