Version 1.23.0 Feedback

Help improve Bet Angel.
followthatcamel

Thanks guys. It seems to me that as soon as I put one of the markets into guardian the issue occurs. I've tried just switching between the 2 mkts from the file select dropdown and all seems ok, but as soon as I involve guardian it won't switch either from the file dropdown or within guardian itself. Hope this helps.

regards
Doug
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:Sorting resumes as soon as the mouse leaves the grid cells (either by moving the mouse up to the grid column headers or by moving the mouse to another part of Bet Angel).
Any chance of an option being put in so that it doesn't continue to sort. I only want it to sort when I first go to the market and then only when I decide from then on either by me pressing a sort button or a keyboard shortcut that sorts the market.

Until this is implemented the sorting is of no use to me as I only have the one click screen up to see the whole market pre race and don't actually use it pre race to trade with so the order just keeps switching throughout my trading.

The only option for me therefore is to just leave it as how Betfair sort the market which kind of defeats the whole point of being able to sort.

Other software providers offer this function so I would hope it could be included.

And as I already mentioned sorting the grid is good but then you have to then manually reorder the ladder and the charting screens which takes time and numerous clicks. Could it be made so that the sort applies application wide?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

> followthatcamel

Thanks for that extra information - I'll pass it on.

> andy

The sorting you see at the moment is local to the grid, but yes the concept of a global sort is in development. The global sort would modify the order of the runners as they arrived from betfair and so apply to all screens.

With regard to the impact of the sort... say there are six horses in the race and you launch a popup chart of the first (lowest priced) runner 'Lucky Jim'. He falls in-running and you decide to re-sort which makes 'Farmer Fred' the first runner. Would you want the chart window to automatically switch to 'Farmer Fred'? What about if 'Lucky Jim' was on the first ladder, would you want that to automatically switch to 'Farmer Fred'?

I'm sure different users will have different requirements which will lead to customisation points, but it'd be good to understand people's views on how they'd like a global sort to update their trading view.
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:With regard to the impact of the sort... say there are six horses in the race and you launch a popup chart of the first (lowest priced) runner 'Lucky Jim'. He falls in-running and you decide to re-sort which makes 'Farmer Fred' the first runner. Would you want the chart window to automatically switch to 'Farmer Fred'? What about if 'Lucky Jim' was on the first ladder, would you want that to automatically switch to 'Farmer Fred'?
That describes exactly what I would be after. I would want a global sort to change everything including the charts. However, I would only want it to resort when I decide, so when I press space bar for example to sort the market.

This would save so much time each day and reduce the number of clicks massively and just make trading that much more easier as time wouldn't be wasted.

At the moment say for example the favs flip flop. So the new Fav is Horse B and 2nd Fav is now Horse A. You have to switch them both on the ladder, you have to manually switch both on the charting screen, you have to manually switch the charts around (Bf style and advanced charting) - that can all take 30 seconds to do, then if they switch back you have to do it all again. So in reality I normally just switch them on the the ladder interface and leave the rest as it currently takes so long which is time not trading and not watching the market. With only a 5 minute gap you can spend a minute or more of that reorganising everything.

To be able to press just the space bar for example and it to do all of the above would be a god send and remove a lot of frustration!
followthatcamel

Please tell me I'm not going mad.... I've downloaded what appears to be the old version (1.22.1) from the download page twice now and each time I get a download complete message but when I open up BA I'm still using v1.23.1?

Regards
Doug
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Probably best to use the thread in announcements from here on in as there appears to be some confusion and crossed messages between the two threads?

Return to “Suggestions”