Version 1.23.0 Feedback

Help improve Bet Angel.
andyfuller

I wanted to setup a new thread for feedback on Version 1.23.0 so it doesn't get ixed up with all the other threads, so feel free to add your feedback and Bet Angel I would welcome your comments.

Firstly it is good to see the product getting a face lift and moving in the right direction with things being made more user defined.

# Being able to sort the grid by various things eg Back Price is a very welcomed addition. However, I think there are several things that need addressing here. I may have missed some things so please point them out if I have.

# Say I have the grid sorted by 'Best Back Price' with lowest odds at the top and highest at the bottom. As the odds change the grid reorganises itself. This is very dangerous when using the grid to place a bet as you can just about to click on a box and the grid reorganises and you end up back/laying the incorrect selection. Very dangerous i/r!

# The sort doesn't seem to be a global sort so I still have to change the order on the charting screen for example - I think when you should have an option so when you sort on the grid it sorts across the application. The option could allow this to be turned off for those that don't want it but I would guess most would. At present it takes several clicks every market to do this.

# Once I have the market sorted I don't want it to keep on sorting and changing the orders of selections. I move to a market, want it sorted but I don't then want it to change constantly. Again an option to turn this off an on.

# Also a button and keyboard shortcut to sort the market. Therefore if the above point was being used so the market only sorted when you loaded it, you could then resort it if you wished to later.

That will do for now and I will add more at a latter date.
Dabbla

I’m finding similar problems to you with the grid sorting .I mainly use the enhanced ladder and im finding that the one click screen does not match the grid on the ladder.
Is there any way to default back to betfairs sorting ?
JacoboPolavieja

I'm not a user of the one-click screen myself, but what other softwares do is to reorganize automatically by the criteria selected EXCEPT when you have the mouse over the grid, to prevent the case you say of placing a bet in the incorrect horse. The moment you take your mouse of the grid, it rearranges itself again if there's been any change in the meantime that needs it to reorder.

Now, I DON'T KNOW what BetAngel does... as I don't use the grid. If it's not implemented this way right now, it might serve as an idea for the future ;).

By the way, though I think there's work ahead to do on the graphic part of BetAngel, is good to see they're headad in that direction, as well as with the user defined things. Great job! And I hope you ocntinue that path :D.

Cheers!
TheTub

Dabbla wrote:Is there any way to default back to betfairs sorting ?
Clicking on a column header that is not numerical resets to Betfair order from what I can see. So clicking on 'Micro chart' will reset. Or if there are no stall draw numbers click on that column header.
followthatcamel

Might be me but when using the one click screen. If I change to a new market through the file/select market function the screen does not always refresh entirely, i.e. the heading changes to the new market, but the old market details remain in the middle of the screen. The ladder has changed to the new market?

I've had to close BA and reopen to rectify a number of times today?

I've tried to atach a word file to show the screen shot as I'm not familiar with how to put it straight into this post.

Regards
Doug
Dabbla

Cheers Thetub that seems to have done the trick.

Just had the same exactly the same exprerience as followthatcamel .
followthatcamel

Just to clarify my earlier post, all other screens, i.e. ladder, charting, dutching etc.... show the new market, and are being updated with new data etc.... The one click screen "old market" data is not being updated.

Unfortunately I can't upload/attach a screen shot to show exactly what I mean, but at least it looks like it's not just me that has had this issue.

Regards
Doug
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Send the doc into support for them to look at.
followthatcamel

Ok Thanks, just sent in an email with the attachment.

Regards
Doug
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hi,

For those seeing this issue raised by followthatcamel, can you tell me if you have 'Auto Update' checked in the 'Auto Stake' section? And if so, does the screen update OK if this is unchecked?
followthatcamel

Hi, I do normally have auto update checked in the auto stake, but if I uncheck auto update I can switch markets within the football markets and all seems to work OK. I can switch markets within the racing markets with auto update checked without any problems, but the football markets is where the issue occurs?

Regards
Doug
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are looking to release an updated version today based on the feedback so far, thanks very much for feedback.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Version 1.23.1 is now available on our downloads page.

It resolves the problems that a few people saw yesterday when switching markets with auto-staking switched on.

Based on the feedback we have received, we have also modified the one-click sorting. Sorting is now suspended while the mouse cursor is hovering over the one-click grid; there was a risk before that the grid could re-sort as you were placing a bet which may have caused you to bet on an unintended runner. Sorting resumes as soon as the mouse leaves the grid cells (either by moving the mouse up to the grid column headers or by moving the mouse to another part of Bet Angel).
followthatcamel

Sorry, BA guys but I've downloaded v1.23.1 and I'm still getting the issue re switching markets. Although I was able to initially switch a couple of times with the auto update checked, it suddenly decided not to switch when using the File/select market tab. I've tried loading the 2 football markets into guardian and switching from there, but I'm seeing the same issue, i.e. might work the first time, but fails with subsequent attempts. This sequence seems to repeat itself even after closing and reopening BA. No issues at all with the auto update unchecked.

Is there anywhere I can download the previous version of 1.22.1 whilst this is being addressed?

Regards
Doug
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Sorry about this, Let us look at this again, we thought we had trapped all possible errors.

We will put the old and new versions up on the download page. I didn't realise that the old version wasn't available as 1.23 is only a beta not a release.

Return to “Suggestions”