Bet Angel - Automation : Analyse & Chart Stored Values in History Lists Step-by Step Guide

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Using Bet Angel V1.55 with its innovative Stored Values in History Lists its never been easier for anyone to store/capture market date then later analyse and plot charts etc from the data and with no programming experience or little to no knowledge of Excel required.

In addition to the 'Export All Stored Values' rule type (which i'll do another post on) there is also other ways to quickly export Stored Values inculding those held in History lists from the Bet Angel log and quickly review and analyse the data in Excel.

So in this example I’ll show you step-by-step how to create a rules file to store/capture the data through too exporting it from Bet Angel into excel and with a few easy steps how you can sort and chart that data in the way you want and even create charts like this

Over Under3.5.jpg

For this first example I’ll create a rules file to store the back prices of the selections in Betfair row 1, 2 & 3 every minute, the rule will ‘Always be Armed’ so will begin triggering and storing the prices as soon as it’s applied to a market/s.

I intend to use this to store the prices on football markets like Match Odds, Over/Under 0.5, 1.5, 2.5 3.5 etc etc beginning several hours before KO
So let’s get started, first you need a rules file, as with creating any rules file you need to add a market (any market) to Guardian then select it and click ‘Create New Rules File for Selected Market’

Create Guardian Rules.jpg

On the ‘General’ tab select the runner it’s to be applied to, the time its armed from and to and how often it can trigger.

General.jpg

Next move onto the ‘Stored Value’ tab, here you can select the history list the data is to be stored in and what that data is, ie, the selections back price.
At the bottom of the window click ‘Apply’

SV.jpg

Now return back to the ‘General’ tab and highlight the rule you’ve just created and click the icon with two green arrows to ‘duplicate’ that whole rule

RE Options.jpg

You now just need to edit the rule name and change the selection this new rule is applied to to Betfair Row 2 and click ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the window

General2.jpg

Then repeat that for the third selection, once you have a rule/s for all the selections you want the data for click the ‘Disc+’ icon to save the rules file, its now ready to apply to your markets each day.

Exporting the Data

Once a market has finished and you are ready to export the data simply select the market in the top window of Guardian then below the bottom window select the ‘log’ tab and you’ll see all your stored values in history lists for that market written to the log. Now in the bottom right corner just click ‘Copy log to Clipboard’.

Guardian Log.jpg

If you do already have experience using Excel at this point you can go ahead and do what you normally would, for those that don't have any or little excel experience the following is a quick and simple way of importing, sorting and charting the data from Bet Angel.

Now open your Excel, the first thing I do is right-click the ‘sheet1’ tab at the bottom and rename to whatever data it will be showing, in this case its from the ‘Match Odds’ market, once that’s done click in the ‘A1’ cell then click ‘Paste’ near the top left corner to paste in all the data from the Bet Angel log.

Excel Name WS.jpg

You’ll now see what looks like a load of bunched up data, if you double click the 'A' column header it will expand the column so you can see all the text in one column, now at the bottom of the screen click he '+' icon to add and rename another sheet then copy your data from the 02.5 market and repeat that untill you have copied all your data into the 'A' columns of each sheet

The next task is to then separate the text into seperate columns to make it workable, and Excel has a button that will do that for you.

First click the ‘Data’ tab across the top then the ‘A’ cell header to highlight the whole ‘A’ column (which is where all your text currently is, finally click the ‘Text to Columns’ box.

That will then open the ‘Convert Text to Columns’ window, this is very easy to and will separate each word/symbol into its own column making it easier to work with, depending on exactly whats in your imported data from Bet Angel you may have to have a play around with these options to see what works best, there is a ‘Preview’ window at the bottom to show what effect your about to do will have.

For this particular data I first need to choose ‘Delimited’, then click ‘Next’.

On this Page I’ve now ticked the 'Spaced' box, this is telling Excel to put each new word/character seperated by a space into its own cell, you can see the effect in the preview window.

Delimiter Window.jpg

Once you click ‘Finish’ each column will now have a single piece of text/data, you can then really begin to start playing with the data, by sorting, filtering, creating charts etc

Seperated.jpg

Over Under3.5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robsmith

Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:13 am

Hi Dallas,

I'm looking to produce a macro to parse the SVs. One question: do the SVs not capture time down to milliseconds? At present it seems to be just dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss.

Thanks

robsmith

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 am

Scrub that, just seen Jimbit's request and the update.

Anbell

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:40 am

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:39 pm
Using Bet Angel V1.55 with its innovative Stored Values in History Lists its never been easier for anyone to store/capture market date then later analyse and plot charts etc from the data and with no programming experience or little to no knowledge of Excel required.
This is great, Dallas, as always.

I haven't seen anyone request this but it'd be great if we could name the History Lists ourselves with something more meaningful than HL1/2.

I spend half my time trying to document what HL1 refers to for each rule.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”

• Information