Betfair Spain now has an exchange ?

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
CLOWNSHOES

I know theres been talk of it for a while but i thought it was just another Italy. Is there anymore information available on this ?

Apologies if this has already been discussed or if i've put this in the wrong area of the forum but i'm pretty excited as i really want to move to barca :lol: .

Apparently no horse racing though.
CLOWNSHOES

screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

It's another Italy
giulio2010

I think it is betfair it self for reasons I dont know not to push for the right license. One day I have argued with betfair.it about introducing the KEEP in play option for obvious reasons, they replyed very simply that they had no plans in the future to introduce KEEP in play. I have argued that when they advertised betfair.it it was part of the advertising, KEEP in play and the introduction of the UK wallet, they replyed that they never heard such a thing. :lol: :o .
However there are articles about it since 2012.
P.S. the below picture is from an article from Repubblica.it, and the chief executive is the one to suggest the international liquidity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard100

Hi.

If you use VPN software you can access Betfair/ Bet Angel and have access to the horse racing markets worldwide from Spain.

I subscribe to HMA, very cheap and you can select which server to connect to, in this case, UK London or Gibraltar serves the purpose.
GaryCook

The prices look different but I guess thats due to how they calculate tax in Spain or something like that?
Dallas

GaryCook wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:49 am
The prices look different but I guess thats due to how they calculate tax in Spain or something like that?
It's a completely separate exchange only open to Spanish residents (same as Betfair.it for Italian residents) and they only have a limited number of markets.
GaryCook

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:13 pm
GaryCook wrote:
It's a completely separate exchange only open to Spanish residents (same as Betfair.it for Italian residents) and they only have a limited number of markets.
Thanks maybe some teamwork arbing to be done there then. Although the prices look lower for both back and lay for the few I checked.
Derek27

GaryCook wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:13 pm
GaryCook wrote:
Thanks maybe some teamwork arbing to be done there then. Although the prices look lower for both back and lay for the few I checked.
I thought I saw some good arbing opportunities on the Italian exchange until I realised that if you're not logged into a Betfair exchange you're actually looking at prices with a 20-second odd delay. You'll probably find, as you'd expect, that these cut-off exchanges have lower liquidity and much wider spreads.
Naffman

Arrived in Spain today and Betfair seems legal now? Logged in and looks like the uk site...
prutbrk1536

Did you use a VPN or straight log in?
wearthefoxhat

Should be ok. (as of December 2021)

Bfair.png

https://www.cheekypunter.com/faq/betfai ... trictions/
prutbrk1536

Naffman wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:43 pm
Arrived in Spain today and Betfair seems legal now? Logged in and looks like the uk site...
Tried to log in over the last 10 days in Spain and Betfair say no
Dallas

prutbrk1536 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:34 pm
Naffman wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:43 pm
Tried to log in over the last 10 days in Spain and Betfair say no
To which exchange?

If its the Betfair.com exchange you'll need to use a VPS or VPN
If its the Betfair.es exchange do you have an account for that exchange registered to a Spanish address?
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:36 pm
If its the Betfair.com exchange you'll need to use a VPS or VPN
Not quite right, having read that I tried putting £2 on the dot com, on my mobile, here in Barca. It went through fine, and I've been logging in everyday to look at the balance....... and that's while simultaneously being logged in on my UK vps.

Return to “Announcements”