Forum upgrade

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
to75ne

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:08 pm
I suppose it's a question of familiarity - It's like asking a right hander to have a wank with his lef
:lol:
EyePeaSea

I like it. My browsing is 90/10 (PC -v- phone). It looks much nicer than before on both types of display. In design terms (readability wise), and only in my opinion, *white-space is your friend. Although I can understand peoples irritation about more scrolling.

But for me - definitely a thumbs-up. 8-)

Just one thing - the FavIcon. I know that it is the BA logo, but it's so 1990's. Perhaps that can be upgraded as well?

Ian

* In an attempt to back up my opinion, I searched high and low for reference material to support my assertion that white space is good. Ok, well, the first result in Google... We've all heard of the Gonzaga University and they have something to say on the matter:
http://www.gonzaga.edu/academics/colleg ... WR/IDR.asp
Bluesky

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 am
Sorry but it's a rant:

I know these things happen, but what a terrible layout! What's the ideal viewing device...a watch ffs? This always happens when you code for a tiny tiny tiny mobile screens and then view it on a pc . Even at 200% zoom, granted it's on a 2560x1440 its sooooooo gappy.

Why is it so difficult to have a pc version and a mobile version?
There is so much empty space

The old version was fast and looked and worked fine! Who's benefiting from this new look? Probably people playing on their phones on the train. Who doesn't trade on a decent sized screen? and if you're not trading then reading the forum doesn't need to be slick and high speed.
I know it takes time to get used to a new design, but Shaun has posted exactly how I feel about it. When I logged in last night and saw it I though it was just a temporary thing and the proper version would be on this morning. Unfortunately all this white space does seem to be the proper version.
foxwood

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:08 pm
I suppose it's a question of familiarity - It's like asking a right hander to have a wank with his left
So, so need a Like button :lol:

Bit cumbersome with too much white space but at least that's free exercise courtesy of BA - it's the info and exchange of trading thoughts that counts !
foxwood

The "New Posts" summary shows the last post date but doesn't show the original thread start date which the old version used to do.

Found that quite useful to avoid getting sucked into the start of threads I'd forgotten about instead of just opening the end of the thread to see the latest comments,
EyePeaSea

EyePeaSea wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:37 am
But for me - definitely a thumbs-up. 8-)
I do really lament the abscence of a 'Like' button. However, the automatic quoting is much easier to read - and the 'arrow' to jump to the original message is a nice feature :D
Euler

We are going to fiddle with it today and perhaps look at other templates for people who want to older style. Let us fiddle.

There are many redeeming features of the new forum which you will enjoy when you get used to it. Perhaps ;)
Euler

We've uploaded an alternative forum look for you if you wish to switch to something that 'looks' similar to the old forum: -

Visit the user control panel: -

https://www.betangel.com/forum/ucp.php?i=165

And select 'prosilver' in 'myboardstyle'
EyePeaSea

Thanks - that's really great that you're able to give users a choice. Personally, I'll just go straight back to the 'Milk v2' template :D
LinusP

I like change but I can't deal with this, it's like looking at my grandmas tablet. How do I make everything 10x smaller?

My favourite site to visit is https://news.ycombinator.com/ simply because it's so easy to read, no huge logo / banners / avatars / location, just the comments because that's what we are all here for...
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Have a look at the prosilver style. The font is smaller and the layout more compressed - you might prefer it.

https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 29&t=13466
LinusP

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:32 pm
Have a look at the prosilver style. The font is smaller and the layout more compressed - you might prefer it.

https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 29&t=13466
Great that's much better, personally I would want all colors removed but that's me :D
Rinoa

Prosilver better. Still prefer the old forum though.
spreadbetting

Has the "new posts" link dissappeared along with the old forum?
mjmorris335

Quick Links, top LH corner.

An extra click, but it's still there.

Regards,

Mike

Return to “Announcements”