VPS from Singapore

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
harvard16

Hi,

I'm relocation in December to Singapore, I'm going to miss the UK racing scene, and the time difference is going to be difficult but plan to keep my trading up via the VPS service, I'll also be in a better time zone to try the Aussie racing, which I haven't before other than the likes of the Melbourne Cup meet.

I still can't get my head around what makes the VPS faster, I know the VPS is located close to the Betfair server and I'm basically looking in on it remotely, but still see the leg between my PC in Singapore and the VPS as the weak link as I look in , whatever changes occur in the market still need to sent down the line to my PC and don't get how that could be different to the regular run Betangel. Any assistance to understand this better much appreciated.Thanks
andyfuller

Have a read of this thread, it should help.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2403&start=0
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Do you have your Betfair account registered to a UK address?
harvard16

Andy, thanks a lot for that link, I didn't pick that one up on my initial search of the forum on the VPS topic.

I do have a UK registered account which will not require the Malta link, so all should be good to go, thanks

Apologies also, I think I may not have choosen the right topic area for my post, 'announcements' wasn't really appropriate.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

harvard16 wrote:I do have a UK registered account which will not require the Malta link, so all should be good to go, thanks

You should get significant benefit using the VPS in which case.

Return to “Announcements”