Practice Mode

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Innertube

Excellent work.
SpikeyBob

When it comes to pre-race horse trading, I have always been of the opinion that trading for small stakes will teach you a lot more than a training mode. That said, I do see it's value in this area as well for absolute beginners.

I have several football strategies that when modelled seem to be positive, but it will now be nice to test these out in a 'pseudo live' environment. I can also test any future excel bots with this in the knowledge that it isn't going to 'do my bank' on something stupid.

Hats off to the BA team for listening to their customers and also implementing this in what appears to be an excellent way.

Thanks

SB
Alpha322

SpikeyBob wrote: Hats off to the BA team for listening to their customers and also implementing this in what appears to be an excellent way.

SB
Its a Shame Betfair wont do this listen to there customers, when they go down what ever bets were taken on should be cancelled, although i must give them credit where credit is due, all have been quite stable and Rosey for the past month :roll:
mugsgame

I have a question about practice mode. I thought i would post it on the forum as others might have the same question.

Does practice mode use up any data request capability? I thought about running it alongside "Live" mode. My guess it it does. But would like to know for sure.

Cheers
Steve
Euler

It uses real market data and monitors real traded volume to feel as accurate as possible, so yes it does use up your allowance as though you were trading live. But less than if you were as you don't actually make any calls to Betfair other than to retrieve odds and matched bet data.
mugsgame

Cheers Peter
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Select 'Practice mode' when logging in to access.
bap-login.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bilko

Thanks for doing this.
flowerpotmen

This is wonderful, have had hours of fun playing alongside my normal trading, but have just received a hugh data usage charge from betfair.

Beware.

Return to “Announcements”