Please Read - Practice Mode

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
purpletrader

Hi Euler

A walkthrough guide on how to do it would be handy for the non-experts like me :D
1sbro

Yea that could be good, regarding practice mode, I had a voicemail from Betfair, so was like hmm better stop using practice mode for the meantime!
bakujohnd

First post ever on any forum (also probably my last).
Software people live on a different Planet. I believe Betfair recently "Sold-Up" and moved there main base to Gibraltar. When this happened the original commercial competitive edge of Betfair was lost. Now accountants run it. (I believe a Spanish Bank now owns it).
Commercial use my backside. I have contributed -£35,000 to other fortuneate Betfair Members over the past 5 years. Ok This would imply Betfair did no make a fortune from my account, as I seem to be a perpetual loser. BUT without my losing bets there would be no winning bets by others. So Betfair profit from "Turnover" as for every ;losing bet there is an equivalent winning one. BetAngel is initially a VERY sophisticated programme, but without the practise mode then it's use would be similar to Microsoft Excel. Namely good software capable of fantastic things BUT only 5% of the functionality is used by Joe public.
More important Betfair Historical Data is useless. They have made zero effort to offer filters on the download. A simple days racing download is truncated as it exceeds the number of rows in Excel. (approx. 65,000!!!!)
Fracsoft (yes I am a user), is a "toy". I have only used it on Football where it "time cycles" through the game. BUT no info on Over/Under, Correct Score etc etc. All the data is relative to Match betting. This has more detail but still useless as data to base gambling REAL money on.
In conclusion, this "thread" is a smokescreen, it does not address the real issue. It is nonsensical. Betfair is in esscence a "Bookie", a different methodology but Tax classification wise that is their real business. Practise mode should be considered a "Loss Leader" same as ASDA or TESCO. It brings the punters in. I believe the original Betfair owners were not so short sighted and understood this but something has been Lost in Translation during the takeover. Accountants are like Lawyers. How do you know when a car has had to swerve to avoid killing a cat or an accountant. (There are brake skid marks when it is a cat) :evil: :twisted:
gutuami

1 Software people live on a the same Planet :lol:
2. BetAngel is indeed a VERY sophisticated software
3. The number of rows in 2007 is 2 to the power of 20 = 1,048,576 rows:
http://news.office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?a ... 8&zoneid=9
4. You could use ba data instead of fracsoft
http://youtu.be/0F5v2bKtJNE
5. Try to trade and not gamble
6. Do give up if you feel it's not for you
1sbro

Gutuami, have you got a copy of that spreadsheet please?
gutuami

that worksheet is part of a project so it would not work just like that. It was posted as a demonstration to show up some possibilities of using captured data.
Have a look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2385
or here
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3846&p=28870
It should help you to get on track..

Return to “Announcements”