Restricted forum area?

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
to75ne

could you set a quarantine period (for want of a better phrase) of say 25, 30 posts, or whatever amount.
where a new poster is restricted to certain area's.

if after x amount of posts, they are not spamming, deliberately provoking people or being a proper pain in the arse, then allow them unrestricted access to the rest of the forum as now?
andyfuller

From a selfish point of view I wouldn't want an area to be restricted to subscribers only. I don't subscribe to Bet Angel and would therefore be unable to view the forum. But obviously as a non paying user of the forum I will accept whatever you decide as I don't really have a foot to stand on as a non payer.

I haven't been on the forum much recently so not sure what has happened this week but I think it would be a real shame to see the forum go downhill. It is pretty much the only place I go for trading stuff as the level and quality of contribution is second to none.
Euler

I don't think it would sensible to exclude anybody who was a postive contributor to the community. I think it was a case of just trying to come up with a structure and set of rules that enhances the ability of like minded people to openly discuss things without the distraction of people who have no intention of making a positive contribution.
ebasson61

I've been an annual subscriber to BA for a few years now, but would not want to see any exclusions for non-BA users. I think the variety, breadth and quality of the forum would inevitably suffer.

If it's possible to weed out those who are intent on dragging the forum down, then by all means do so. If not, then frankly I'd rather live with that.

Return to “Announcements”