Restricted forum area?

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
psycho040253

Looks like I'm in a minority of 1.

Psycho :evil:
walshy

I agree with you psycho but obviously if the powers that be decree otherwise, then so be it.
Groovyelms

Hi All,

I logged into this forum before subscribing to BA.... Personaly I prefer it open to all, But I haven't been as loooong as most of you guys.
groovy
Alpha322

convoysur wrote:Hi Psycho .
if you have a stratagy that has been working for years and you would like to share it ,please feel free ,im sure there are lots like me who could use the help.and there are those who are very busy with there own money making techniques who wont bother,
my question to you is this ??
why do you call yourself physco ??lol....
marc
With all due respect M nobody on here (the big traders who rake in hundreds a day are going to hand over the secret of their beans.They have spent vasts amounts of money like myself on courses, books, researched forums etc etc. Physco may have a system thats good for him but its no good for me, as i like to trade, lay and back and green up with a garenteed profit, the horse can fall, run away as far up the course as he likes stay in the stalls etc it dont matter to me i have made a secure profit. It takes alot of time to learn belive you me, traders on here will assist any newbie re controls within BA etc, but they will never say well you wait till WOM is like this trend is like this etc etc which is what everyone looks for. Trust me you can make great Safe profits from this game if you are willing to put the time in and the paitence.
IMHO yes i think the forum should be restricted for those who are willing to take the journey
PeterLe

Perhaps you could restrict it to Betangel subscribers and/or members of the new BA academy - (minimum entry criteria: Club Starter), that way for a very small weekly amount of £1.25 you can gain access...

This would also serve to filter out postings from people (or spammers) who have little interest or merely post one word postings, such as "Agree" or "interesting", which drives us all crazy!..sorry going off at a tangent now!!, but you know what I mean

regards
Peter
James1st

Having thought long and hard about this matter, I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't appear to be in anyones interest to restrict the forum to BA customers alone.

There isn't anything that traders cannot or will not discuss in an open forum that would justify excluding potential BA customers, the very same ones who provide additional liquidity to exchanges. Alpha is correct when he says that no trader who relies on exchanges to provide a living are going to divulge their secrets or methods of trading and even if a "private" forum was available they would still not do so.

Questions that are asked in this forum by both experienced traders and by newbies ARE of interest to me and answers by any responder, trader or newbie, are also of interest (and sometimes illuminating). Personally I am always willing to help new readers wherever I can and the logistics of accessing 2 forums may mean that newbies questions will go unanswered.

Unless BA themselves have some, as yet unposted, reason why they feel that the forum should be restricted?

Perhaps all that is needed is a Spam flag.
psycho040253

If I were a newbie, before purchasing a piece of kit such as BA, I would like the ability to go onto a forum, such as this, and find out what real-live users had to say about the product. Then I'd make a decision. If BA restrict access to members only, this might discourage a newbie from purchasing BA. But then, I would say that, wouldn't I.

Psycho :evil:
Groovyelms

As a devotee of free speech, I can't help feeling that a private forum(unless there is some real tangible benefit) is a huge turn off to any new forum betangel/ subscribing participant. I do read from time to time some of the other open access forums, and they all in their own way have something to offer... if you take this private other trading forums will have a field day slagging it off... therebye denying anybody who may be interested in switching or joining up... I like many others on here have used other software.. The quality of the forum was a factor in deciding to suscribe...

luck to all Groovy
CaerMyrddin

The latest posts made me change my opinion. If you look into it in a game's theory perspective, what would you win by restricting it? Also, is it possible that some of the most profilic posters aren't really clients?
enzabella2009

Please Let me explain my own case,it may make people understand that often individuals has contributed directly or indirectly in the financial progress of betangel, Not restricting the forum may find on the way other people like me that will contribute in the future the progress of this betting tool..
In 2008 I started to buy licenses for betangel for more than one account, I stopped for reasons that I can not post in July 2011. In the meantime, I posted in a forum with more than 3000 Italian active users various private videos to bring Italian users to know the sport betting exchange a bit more. In my private videos I have always used Betangel with the consequence to receive emails asking me the name of the software, the price and the link to buy it .. I do not know exactly how many people have bought the software after watching my videos but, what I know, even if I am not using BA I am still using those videos to help people understand some basics of the betting exchange.....I let you judge and ofc I will accept whatever they decide to do...
No Sea to Rough

Agree with all comments. I thought that this Forum was exclusively for BA customers.

Definitely time to 'baton down the hatches' this should be for BA users only.
Photon

As a BA forum user, it doesn't, or shouldn't, make any difference what opinions, views or ideas that other posters may have and relay that through BA forum. For me the attempt to restrict forum for a particular people starts with a definition. How do you exactly define that group?

A BA customer doesn’t necessarily mean they have valid and useful contribution to make, and vice versa. There are people on BA forum who appears to be regular but create nothing but noise.

There seem to also to be occasional contributors from non-English speaking countries who might have good & interesting subject raised but not appreciated by everybody else on the forum purely because they haven't put the point across in a way that is easily comprehensible to majority of the users.

I think BA should fish out spam, remind new customers of etiquate and ban persistent offenders and which should enable the forum open to all who have a contribution to make and get rid of nuisance.
Euler

We could split the forum and have some restricted areas only for BA customers and the rest as an open forum?
CaerMyrddin

Sincerely Peter, I would leave things as they are? As posted before can't really tell what would be the advantage of restricting the forum, but can tell the downsize...
Euler

This week has made me think about revisiting this. I wonder whether we create a new area for annual subscribers where we can post additional value add. This may be a good test to see if we can operate a dual level forum and what impact it has?

Return to “Announcements”