Transaction charges

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

As you may be aware these charges are now NOT included in the premium charge calculation. In reconcilling this we think we may have found an error in their calculation. Therefore we are interested in hearing from any Bet Angel user that has had transaction charges recently and received a statment or spreadsheet of how these charges were incurred from Betfair.
Dabbla

I got a data charge today £31 .I don’t have a statement or spread sheet. In fact they have not even e-mailed me to say that they were taking it. I don’t normaly get a data charge but I have been experimenting using my lap top along with my p.c. . So I was expecting to receive a charge .

If it helps I can e-mail or ring them and ask for my statement or spread sheet.

Quick question

Is the data charge always taken from your account on Tuesday ?
PeterLe

Hi Dabbla..
If you email [email protected] they will provide you with details...
Thanks
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If it's the first time you have been charged you can usually email them and they will let you off. If they don't then ask for a statement of transaction charges.

The reason we are asking is we have one user who did one race on Sunday who has been charged. This seems odd but is possible, the problem we have is that his comission on the race should be offset against the charges but we are not sure if that is the case. We are trying to gather evidence one way or the other.
Dabbla

Hi

I have the statement and spread sheet now .who should i send it to ?
chipping

I received an email from them last week saying I had incurred a £100 transaction charge. It was my first experience of this and they let me off with a warning.

Looking into it I think it was caused by using Guardian and Soccer mystic price predictor at the same time. It would be good to know if others think this is a likely cause?

I now use two seperate accounts for modelling and trading.
Dabbla

Using soccer mystic and Guardian at the same time is more than likely the cause of your problem. Be careful using two accounts as they can be linked and you might find that you get another big charge.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Using any two apps at the same time will potential cause you to run up charges. You need to ensure you throttle either application to remain below Betfair's threshold.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We have examined a few transaction charge statements and they all seem to be in order so the query that brought up this thread doesn't seem to flag any issues. If anybody sees anything unusual we will happy look at things again.
buff orpington

Queastion....when do thes charges come into play.....what is the threshhold and are they likely to be incurred by average use of Betangel?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bet Angel is defaulted below the rate at which data charges will come into effect. So it should only occur if you exceed this threshold by running more than one copy or running up charges in some other manner.

Return to “Announcements”