VPS problems

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The host for our VPS provider appears to be having problems today. We are on to it and will let you know when it is resolved.
Euler

We are currently investigating a fault with a cabinet access switch in one of our data centres. This is affecting several servers and VPS hosts that share the switch.

An engineer is currently investigating the cause and we will have an update shortly.
Euler

We are currently experiencing a major failure at one of our data centres.
Engineers are on site looking into the problem and we expect a resolution within the next hour.
hxfish

omg...I'm glad I'm using small stakes to test some systems today,was just gonna get out a trade before it went down,switched to aus vps and realized in-play betting is banned in Australia, :( ..dammit...it costs me 40 pounds.......
Euler

If it's any comfort, it's cost me a few quid. Very rare to see an issue on this scale and despite having back ups in place it just occurred at precisely the wrong moment. Could have gone the other way and may do next time I suppose.
Euler

BTW, One of my back up situations is that if you have an automated process running and the server experiances problems. Transfer all your remaning money into the Aussie wallet via the web site. That way it can't fire a single bet in error.
PeterLe

Well if its any comfort...it's probably saved me a few quid! :D
mugsgame

I am hoping that my copy of Bet Angel isn't still running as I have switched to old PC. I am thinking that once the race market had closed it cannot request the data. Fingers crossed, could be very expensive else.
PeterLe

mugsgame wrote:I am hoping that my copy of Bet Angel isn't still running as I have switched to old PC. I am thinking that once the race market had closed it cannot request the data. Fingers crossed, could be very expensive else.
Hi
I checked Betfair (via the web) and mine haven't placed a bet after 15:45, so you 'should' be ok
I wouldn't take a chance to be honest as it could cost a bloody fortune!
Regards
Peter
Melsey

Any news or estimated time for the VPS to come back online...?
Euler

Looks like a major outage at the data centre, so no news.
Melsey

Thanks...
Euler

We have now isolated the issue to a faulty air conditioner unit in our data
centre. This has caused a spike in temperature in a small area of the data
centre that has caused a core switch to overheat and shut down.

The air conditioner unit has been repaired, although it may take some time
for the ambient temperature to return to normal. Until it has its not
possible to bring the core switch back on-line as it will automatically
shut down if it's too warm.

We are taking constant temperature readings and as soon as the area has
sufficiently cooled service will be resumed. We're hoping this will be
within an hour, either way another update will be posted at or before 8pm.
Euler

Unfortunately we have had a recurrence of the failure to the air conditioning unit and have been unable to lower the ambient temperature to the point where we can bring the core switch back on-line.

We don't currently have an ETA on getting this fixed, but as soon as we do we'll let you know.
Euler

The air conditioning unit has been repaired and is currently being brought back up to pressure. This is expected to take another half an hour or so, and we can look at bringing the switch back online after that. We have also brought in some temporary mobile air conditioning units in case there is another subsequent failure.

We don't yet have an ETA for total resolution, but it will be this evening.
The ambient temperature has now returned to a level where we can start to bring the network back online, however it may take some time to do so. Our core switches are currently reloading and once main connectivity has been reestablished we will be able to ascertain if there are any further systems that need to be looked at.

Assuming there are no further failures full service should be restored between midnight and 1am.

Return to “Announcements”